3

3

A Chapter by TJ

Anthony frantically moved around the apartment, searching for supplies he would need to exact his vengeance. In his bedroom he grabbed a bag in which he placed so clothes and cash that he had stowed in a hiding spot. Then he moved over to the bedside table and pulled out the drawer, flipping it over to reveal a nine millimeter pistol strapped to the underside of the drawer. Anthony tucked the gun under his belt and pulled his shirt over it. Now having all the supplies he needed he exited the apartment, not so much as glancing at his dead wife’s body. Looking at her again would only weaken him, making it more difficult to carry out his task.

            Out on the street, Anthony looked around for any threats and slung his bag over his shoulder. He needed a new place to stay now that his apartment was no longer safe. Anthony walked a couple blocks to make sure no one was keeping eyes on him before he hailed a cab and had it take him across the city to a small motel where he could hide out for some time while he planned out his revenge. He paid the cabbie upon arrival and checked into a room, checking the area before he actually entered his room.

            Inside the room, Anthony locked the door behind him before throwing his bag on the bed. He rummaged through the bag and pulled out some cash which he placed inside his wallet, the rest he put back in the bag. With cash and a gun in his possession, all Anthony needed now was some information. Fortunately, Anthony still had some friends in the mob that could help him out with a little persuasion. Surely they knew who was sent to kill Victoria and that’s all the information Anthony needed, he already knew why it was done.

            Anthony’s choice to stay in this particular motel wasn’t random, it was conveniently close to some of the mobsters that he knew and could get information from. Anthony walked over to the door and pulled out his gun to check to make sure the clip was full on bullets. After tucking it away again he opened the door and went for a walk to his buddy DiNardo’s place just a couple blocks away.

            DiNardo’s place was very inconspicuous and no one would ever guess that a mobster lived there. DiNardo lived in an old apartment building in one of Chicago’s oldest neighborhoods. The building didn’t have the best upkeep but it was renovated enough to keep it going. Anthony walked up the steps to the front door of the building and tried to open the door. But, as he suspected, the door was locked. He looked over to the caller box to the left of the door. He pressed every single button on the panel in hopes that there was at least one person who would unlock the door without question. Sure enough, there was that one person and the door unlocked in time with a buzzer. Anthony opened the door and went upstairs.

            When Anthony arrived at DiNardo’s door, he looked up and down the hallway to make sure there was no one around. Seeing no one, Anthony pulled out his gun and knocked on the door, standing to the side so that he couldn’t be seen through the peep hole. As the door opened, Anthony turned around the corner and let himself inside. “Hey there, DiNardo.”

            DiNardo gasped and took a couple steps back. “Gizzardo? What are you doing here? Don’t you know everybody’s after you? You’ve got to get out of here before they think I’ve been helping you.” He tried to push Anthony out but there was no point, Anthony wasn’t moving.

            “Oh, but dear DiNardo, you are going to help me. In fact, you’re going to do me a great favor.” Anthony closed the door behind him and moved into the living room area where the t.v. was turned on. “Who was sent to kill my wife? I know you have access to that information. You did always know everything that was going on.” He took a seat on the couch facing DiNardo.

            “Gizzardo, you know I can’t tell you that. They’ll have me killed if they find out I helped you.” DiNardo said sympathetically.

            Anthony sighed and pulled out his gun. “You’re going to die for sure if you don’t tell me. At least that way you have the chance of them not finding out. It’s your choice, choose wisely.”

            “Easy now, Tony, there’s no need to react harshly.” DiNardo said nervously. He moved away from the door and took a seat in the chair across from Anthony. “Now, I haven’t heard who was sent to take her out, but I know who might have heard who it was.” DiNardo shifted nervously. “Go talk to Alfonso. He should know exactly who it was. He knows more about the mobs activities than I do, you know that.”

            Anthony got up and started for the door but stopped before he got there. Anthony turned around and shot DiNardo in the head and watched as his limp body fell from the chair. “I couldn’t have you going and telling everyone that I’m coming now could I?” He turned around and left the apartment.



© 2012 TJ


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on June 3, 2012
Last Updated on June 3, 2012


Author

TJ
TJ

About
I was born on Sept 16, 20 years ago. I have been writing poetry for very little time but I thought I'd give it a go. I have started writing two books as well but neither are finished. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by TJ


2 2

A Chapter by TJ