The Tale of A Merchant

The Tale of A Merchant

A Story by Shagz
"

The year is 2678. Humans aren't alone in the Universe. Lets begin...

"

   In 2067, the world fell into chaos. Nations went at each other's throats to unify themselves or to eradicate rivals. Other nations merged together through political processes. The map changed none the less: new nations formed while others crumbled. North America was divided between the California Republic and the Republic of North America. South America was taken over by the Brazilian war machine during the South American War of Unification. Africa was torn apart by Algeria and Egypt until the whole continent was claimed by the Islamic Kingdom. The Western world denies the claim but the strong militaries of the provinces of the Kingdom keep the world at bay. Europe is one giant republic known as the European Republic, but Russia reclaimed all their Cold War territories and formed the Russo-European Union. The rest of Asia was conquered by China. Australia annexed all the Indonesian islands and the rest of Oceania. The wars did not last long for the strongest players joined together to gain their own goals. Only the weak fell. in 2245, the world stopped warring. No more shots were fired and no more bombs were dropped. Peace was reached, after a millenia of warring, the people of the world joined forces to conquer a new enemy.... space.

   A new space program was established. Ships were constructed in record time and new technology allowed faster travel in space. Our solar system was not the end of our reach. We expanded the human race across hundreds of solar systems. New life forms were discovered. Reptillian species, amphibious hominids, bird-people, and even other versions of the human race. We formed new alliances and shattered cultures. Inter-planetary trade brought new and exotic goods such as foods, weapons, architecture, animals, life-styles. Economies boomed for every race.

 

 

 

 

   The Secri system was a trading hub. every race had to cross through this choke point in the Milky Way to get to the other side. other passages were dangerous. Storms and asteroid fields plagued the unconquered areas of the galaxy. every good passed through Secri. Several Companies made their home here. They directly managed the goods that traversed the hands of the merchants. No amount of cash went unnoticed or unregistered. everything was perfection and went smoothly. Pirates were kept away by the Private Militaries of the companies and a few governments had claims on the planets near the major trading planets.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2012 Shagz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
Added on February 6, 2012
Last Updated on February 6, 2012

Author

Shagz
Shagz

Pekin, IN



About
I am a young writer. I am a sophomore from the countryside of southern Indiana. I love history, science, warfare, my baby girl and my country. I plan to be a Marine when I get older but odds are I wil.. more..

Writing