Strings of Torment

Strings of Torment

A Story by Timeless Hope
"

The struggles we encounter within ourselves give us a choice. Either to continue fighting, or simply give up..

"

 

 

In the middle of the night, through the pouring rain. A man stood. Tears were quickly streaming down his face and falling slowly, blending with the raindrops. He shrugged, sighing tiredly. He muted everything around him but his own heartbeats. He sat on the wet, cold floor; he sat with remorse choking his heart; he sat as the knives of grief and agony cut his veins. He bent his knees, curled up in a fetal position, and rocked himself back and forth to ease his anguish.

 

“ Liam”, a faint voice said. The man shivered, the streets were empty, but the beaming street lights stared. “ Who’s there? ”, he yelled and waited nervously. Silence was the response and dread fill his heart. He waited and waited ‘til time thickened, and the air began to suffocate him. There was nothing..

 

“ Liam”, he heard again. He wanted an end to his suffering, the dead air was too much to bear! Nearly in tears, he pleaded with a trembling voice “  Please, tell me who are you?!”. The night only cast its shadow upon him, wrapping his soul with sheer misery and cradling and numbing his senses. The comfort he found in the pain of letting go was disturbingly beautiful; it was almost peaceful. Why should he put up with this heartache? Why would he hold on to a lost love? He gently closed his eyes and smiled; the voice was no longer there, and neither was Liam.

 

© 2011 Timeless Hope


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
Added on December 11, 2011
Last Updated on December 18, 2011

Author

Timeless Hope
Timeless Hope

Saudi Arabia



About
A curious, radical, dark but hopeful human being. Thirsty for knowledge, ambitious but full of contradictions! more..

Writing
The End The End

A Story by Timeless Hope