Australia

Australia

A Story by Shae
"

another essay i wrote for school...got a 5.7 on it...which is an A. surprisingly anyway. i really wasn't all there when i wrote this...so it kinda sucks.

"

       Australia. Other wise known as the "deep down under" is one of the worlds most distinguished vacation spots. From the sandy beaches to the unforgettable food, Australia is the place to visit!

        The Great Barrier Reef. It is a living masterpiece so big it can be seen from outer space! You can swim, snorkel, dive, and sail this great geographic feature! With flippers and a wet suit, you can dive deep down and experience the reefs amazing wonders that await you below! These amazing wonders include the reef's smooth seas, deep drop offs, and underwater tunnels and caves! Snorkel or dive the edge of the continental shelf at Agincourt Reef from Cairns, explore the SS Yongala shipwreck from Townsville and Magnetic Island and the Llewllyn shipwreck from Mackay. See sea stars, crabs' corals, mollusks at Fitzroy, Capricorn and Bunker Reefs near Gladstone. Or you can kick though vivid coral canyons and past marine turtles near Lady Elliot and the Lady Musgrave Islands. In the Whitsunday, the warm clear water and psychedelic coral reefs is just a day trip from your island resort.

        Then there is the Outback where the planes stretch to eternity and the people can adventure forever. The six must-see Outback destinations include the Flinders Range, Southern Australia; Longreach, Queensland; Broken Hill, New South Wales; Glen Helen Gorge, Northern Territory; Kununurra, Western Australia; and last but not least, Mildura, Victoria. While adventuring Flinders Range, take a scenic flight and see the monumental splendor of the rock basin of Wilpena Pound roll out beneath you. Then explore Flinders Ranges legendary water holes. At Arkaroo Rock, you can see Aboriginal artwork and you can explore the area's pastoral history at Wilpena Pound Station. Afterward, head to a friendly pub and taste-test some of the area's famous bush tuckers while swapping stories with the locals. Longreach is full of wonders and amazement! Join a campfire and listen to the poetry of the outback people who call Stockman's Hall of Fame home. It is home to the world's first flying surgeon and it is the birthplace of Austrailia's national airline Qantas. There is much to do in and around this legendary outback town!

        Discover distinctive desert landscapes and an oasis of lakes around the former mining town known as Silver City while exploring Broken Hill. Silver City was once the world's largest silver, lead, and zinc mine. Broken Hill is now a famous due to its artists. They draw inspiration from the clear light and expansive vistas. Go ahead and take a sunset stroll around the Living Desert Sculptures and watch birds around Menindee Lakes. You can also take part in a radio lesson in the world's largest virtual classroom at the School of the Air.  After journeying through the MacDonnell Ranges, joy will succumb you as you reach the broad, cool water hole of Glen Helen Gorge. This permanent water hole is used as a sanctuary for the Finke River's nine species of fish and migrating water birds. Before pitching your tent under the stars, dive in for a refreshing swim.  You might even spot a black-footed rock wallaby!

        When adventuring through Kununurra, go ahead and explore ridges and ranges that date back to at least 350 million years ago and see where rare pink diamonds are mined. Then, jump on a bull at the local rodeo, join the crowds at an outback horse race, or catch a huge barramundi. The perfect ending to the perfect day includes dining on mud crab in remote camp restaurants while marveling at the vast and magnificent Lake Argyle. However you experience this diverse region, you can bet you will not forget it! Last but certainly not least, Mildura. This vibrant outback oasis on the Murray River is renowned for its endless sunshine, picturesque vineyards and ancient lunar landscapes Dine at award-winning restaurants or cruise by wineries on a house boat or historic paddle steamer.

        Explore Aboriginal culture in the dunes of Lake Mungo or in the World Heritage-listed Willandra Lakes. As you explore this fascinating location, see rugged outback scenery from a hot air balloon or overcome them on a four wheel drive! The outback is a perfect place to visit! From its adventurous outback to its world famous Circular Quay or Darling Harbor, Austrailia is definitely the place to escape to!

© 2009 Shae


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on April 26, 2009

Author

Shae
Shae

About
I have another one of these accounts...but I forgot my password. Plus, it was on my old email address...and I deleted that one. So there was no way for me to get my password! lol more..

Writing
Tackling Everest Tackling Everest

A Story by Shae