Eliminating The Penny

Eliminating The Penny

A Story by Shae
"

another essay for school...not very well written. we had to write about our view on whether or not we should eliminate the penny from our money system due to it's lack of worth anymore.

"

Dear People of the Congress,

        I have come to an intendment that for many, many years, there has been some deliberation over whether the penny should be eliminated from all cash transactions. In my presupposition, I do not see an inducement to annihilate it! It has been in our money artifice for well over 100 years! But for some people, the passing of the copper-colored penny coin is long overdue. After all, this bit of metal hardly buys anything nowadays! As stated in the article "Keep the Penny, Ditch the Fed," "Omnipresent on the counters of shops around the country are cups holding pennies, there for the use of customers to help them make change. But a coin given away for free, these people might argue, can hardly be counted upon to conduct the nation's business. To a great extent pennies just weigh down pockets and pocket books, and the sooner they are gone, the fewer tailor bills and pocketbook repair costs will be required." This is an understandable opinion. Undeterred by this argument, I still do not see a reason to dethrone it from the system!

        If some people are kvetching about the fact that it costs more to make it than what it is worth, why not totally rejuvenate it? How about constructing it out of something that is less extravagant and lighter in weight! That would fathom the cost predicament and the weight problem stated in the previous paragraph. Another apprehension to keep the penny is because it has the face of President Lincoln on it. If you are going to get rid of the penny, why not get rid of the nickel, dime, quarter and so forth? Nevertheless, they have more value, but they still parlay more weight to your pockets and purses than the penny does!

        Instead of eliminating the penny, how about everybody takes the pennies that they get, and bequeath them to some benefaction! You would be bewildered at how fast pennies add up! The penny is also part of our nation's fine antiquity. That is another reason why we should keep it. Plus, the penny helps return the unequivocal amount of change too! By getting rid of the penny, our nation's money system would be quickly become unsound! Some people give the argument of keeping the penny in circulation, but discontinue the process of making them. That way the penny will still be used, but not made anymore. You know, just actuate the pennies that are already out there. This, in my opinion, is a bad idea. Pretty soon, we will run out of pennies in our money circulation. People tend to just throw their pennies on the counter or in their money jar with any enthusiasm of ever using them. If a greater part of the population adjudicates to doing that, there will no longer be any pennies left in our system!

        I anticipate that after reading this letter, you will at least excogitate keeping the penny in our money system. I have provided you with some of my ideas and opinions why we should keep them in our system. I am not the only one that apportions the same perspective. There are thousands of people out there that acquiesce with me, but then there are the thousands that disapprove of my opinion. Please keep in mind though what I have declared in this letter.

 

 

Sincerely,

Me

© 2009 Shae


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
Added on April 26, 2009

Author

Shae
Shae

About
I have another one of these accounts...but I forgot my password. Plus, it was on my old email address...and I deleted that one. So there was no way for me to get my password! lol more..

Writing
Tackling Everest Tackling Everest

A Story by Shae


Australia Australia

A Story by Shae