TJ

TJ

A Story by Shannen
"

This is just an idea i'm toying with..i'll put it out there and see what ye think!

"

 I’m running, using all my strength.  It’s too late to be environ-ed by fear, I’m in it. What if you know deep down inside that you can run and you can hide, but neither will make a difference.

        I was once asked what every body should carry along with them every day, I thought long and hard to answer this question and my answer was, hope. While running instinctively I know I don’t have a chance, deep down to the pit of my stomach, I know, but what I still have is hope, it’s burning within me and I’m not gonna let anyone extinguish it, coz without it, you’re a goner. I swerve round the corner, there he is. The games over for me, but for him, it’s just began.

      What do you fear? Cats, dogs, spiders, creepy crawlies, mice, rats, buttons? These may all seem silly to you or, trivial but each and every one of us obtains a fear. Something that makes the hairs on the back of your neck rise or something that sends a tremor down your spine, maybe even something that makes you squeamish. Me? I fear something not of the ordinary. I fear…my dreams.

      Yes, that’s right my dreams although you could say nightmares. You may say, but they’re not real, hallucinations of the mind, imaginations in full throttle, that’s what my parents used to say. Well I wish those definitions were true. I fear my dreams because to me, they’re reality.

    Well not reality exactly, it’s hard to define. The best way of explaining it is whatever happens in my dreams actually happens, sort of. For example, if there was an ice-cream man offering an ice-cream in my apparent dreams and I decided to take it, I could actually in fact taste and eat that very ice-cream. Strange stuff, huh?

    I can’t work out if I’m dreaming, It seems like reality but then again so do my nightmares. I have the abilities that I only usually get in my dreams but everything is so clear and defined, I can hear the drum of my heart, I feel faint under his piercing gaze. The smell of grass pinches my nose and I can feel it nearing, it meaning death.

   I know the end is coming, yet it still surprises me. I also know that I have yet to complete my purpose in life, the only thing still keeping me alive, and that’s to defeat death itself.        

© 2011 Shannen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 5, 2011
Last Updated on March 5, 2011

Author

Shannen
Shannen

Ireland



About
Hey there! My name's Shannen, otherwise known as Shan. I'm 17 and from Ireland :) I'm new to all this but thought i would give it a bash as i enjoy writing in my spare time, i like it as a hobbie b.. more..

Writing