Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Shane Williams

Chapter 4

Back in heaven Lemionas and Matius are escorted in the Council building by two angels by their side. “Remember Matius when you are before the council do not upset or argue against the council under no circumstance”, Lemionas states, “Do you understand?” Matius nods in head frustrated, “yes I understand”. Lemionas looks directly ahead walking, “they are our allies so we must abide by their rules. If we mess up our request will be denied and we will have to deal with consequences on Hell. This isn’t the time for mess ups”. The two angels by their side move away allowing Matius and Lemionas ahead.
   They both walk ahead into a large tall room, all around balconies filled with angels in robes watching silently above. Both look ahead seeing a large structure like a jury’s box except made of marble, curved and engraved to from wings. Up above three men are seated, all dressed in white robes of office. Their sleeves and collars lined with silver with angel shapes knitted into the fabric, representing their authority. The middle aged angel in the middle pushes his glasses up his face leaning towards them for inspection. “Ahh Lemionas you’re here at last…good. Now what was it that you asked an audience with us about?” Lemionas rises up addressing himself to the council, “As you know Dervish is new ruler of hell and I believe he is planning something. As we speak their forces are mobilising for an assault on earth”. The angels in the room quietly blicker amongst themselves, looking hesitantly at Lemionas. The head slowly raises his arm for silence, “before you continue Lemionas, do know that in brining him, that you have broken law 26?”.

Some nervous chatter as Matius turns towards Lemionas confused, “What’s law 26?”. Lemionas hesitantly leans towards him, “Bringing someone from hell into the Council Palace, that means you”. Remembering the council Lemionas quickly turns back, I’m sorry for this intrustion, I over looked that law. This is Matius, the one who you asked of me to watch on back on Earth”. “We know who he is”, the council head replies irritated raised from his seat, “Do you honestly think we are fools?”. Lemionas lowers his head, “No, I’ve brought him here so you can be convinced he’s a changed man”. The council talk to themselves in deep conversation. “We can see that he has changed, but even so, bringing someone from hell to this very chamber is an offense!” Settled the head sits back down. “Anyway Lemionas you were saying about a assault?”, he questions in interest. “Yes”, Lemionas quickly replies, “I believe they will make a move on earth. Our spies have not yet uncovered when this will happen but I know it’s nearing”. A lot more talking around the council, as Lemionas protestantly continues. “Listen to me, If we do not act earth will fall and it Earth won’t be the same. All that I’m asking for is your help. Together we can protect their people”.
   More talking amongst the angels in the balconies, reflecting on the speech. The head talks with his two men facing Lemionas once more. “You do realise what you are asking of us? To get involved in matters which do not concern us? We will be sacrificing our men, our people for their sakes!” his voice slightly raised. Lemionas stands up in protest, “they are peaceful people, they do not deserve this!”. More excited talk in the balconies amongst the crowd. The head bickers angrily with his men. “What if we do help them, say we do. Then what?! Our forces will be split; our land will be there for the taking. Lemionas for once think about your people!!”.

“Please just listen to me!” Lemionas demands grabbing everyone’s attention, “The only person we need to stop is Dervish. He’s the one planning this assault. If we take him out of the picture then there won’t be an assault!”. The council suddenly fall silent before the head breaks the silence, “What did you suggest assassinate Dervish. The ruler of hell?! There would be a war!!” Lemionas looks in anger, “We could talk to Ivan, his brother”, he protests, “Surely he would help us?”. “Ivan has disappeared from hell! No one has heard from him since Dervish took the throne!”, the council blasts, “we are not getting involved in this!”
   Matius angered suddenly rises, catching everyone of guard including Lemionas. “If you do not aid earth, it will fall and heaven will be next to follow!”, Matius blasts surprising Lemionas,  “I’ve seen hell. I’ve seen it’s people, it’s fighters and believe me, there are many! They delight themselves in battle, it’s what they were born and breed for unlike your kind”. The angels in the balcony’s start shouting in anger at Matius, “how would you know we won’t stand a chance?!”, one of them questions. “Because angels are not fighters, they were not meant to fight!”. The council head himself is shaking with rage lifting his hand recklessly into the air, before he can reply one of his subordinates quickly stops him. The council head recollects his senses looking back to Lemionas. “Lemionas you have greatly disappointed me”, he states calmly, “We will not be sending soldiers to earth and how dare you bring this…this man to this holy place. It’s unforgivable!!”

“You request has been denied”.

Matius looks in anger about to say something, before Lemionas quickly places his hand on his shoulder, holding him back. “Come on Matius”, Lemionas utters ushering Matius to calm down. Finished Lemionas turns back towards the council in disappointment before following Matius out towards the exit.  Both walk outside as Matius leans against the marble wall, his head lowered. “So I guess that’s it then”, he utters, “Earth’s finished”. Lemionas turns to Matius surprised by his response, “no it’s not. Just because the council won’t aid us, doesn’t mean hope is gone”. Seeing Matius’s unmoved expression Lemionas presses on. “I’ve seen what you can do Matius”, he explains,  “the amazing things that you have done, the things you are yet to do. I feel that you were born to be apart of something special”. Matius slowly raises his head hearing these words, bringing life back to him. “If there is one person who can save earth it’s you”, Lemionas explains. Matius turns slowly to Lemionas with an outstretched arm. Matius looks at the arm hesitantly, before looking into Lemionas pleading face. With a smile he grips his arm, “Let’s go to earth”.

On hell Dervish walks into his dormitory, everything that was destroyed yesterday has been moved out the curtains however the room still bears signs of his rampage. Dervish presses his hands sorrowfully onto the doorframe noticing the deep cuts into the wallpaper, blackened from his touch. Did I really do this? Dervish thinks to himself, irritated he closes his eyes walking inside the room. He then notices one of his ornaments broken, placed on the desk still with glass inside the broken mirror.
“I cleaned up the mess once you left your room”

Dervish turns around seeing his servant standing behind him, “thank you for your help”, Dervish replies respectfully looking back to the room. “I’ve cleared up most of the mess, but I can’t seem to remove the blackened marks that you made”, he replies as Dervish notices more blackened areas which he attacked. “Did I really do this?..”, Dervish questions in shock rubbing his hand against the blackened areas, sharp flashbacks burn into his mind of his ash hands ripping into the wall. “Don’t you remember Dervish? You lost control of your power… You went berserk”, his servant adds as Dervish backs away remembering. “So this is the extent of my power”, Dervish replies looking at the wall, “…interesting”. His servant nervously watches Dervish walk around his dormitory. “You know I think you need to control that power of yours, you said it yourself. What if you become that ‘thing’ again? The people will be terrified of you”, his servant questions.
   “That THING is me”, Dervish replies scornfully, “as is this power”. Dervish’s face then starts to blacken as his face turns to his servant threatfully. “I think you need help Dervish, you’re not acting normal”, his servant replies concerned as Dervish takes a step towards him, blackening the floor. “No…I don’t need help, I don’t need anything…not anymore”, Dervish replies,  “You just can’t see it, this… POWER, it makes me stronger than I ever imagined. With this nothing would stand against me, not even heaven!” In demonstration Dervish’s whole body changes into ash, as it spreads through his whole dormitory. “Dervish! What are you doing? You need to control yourself!!”, his servant screams, “stop this!”. The servant defends himself from the clouds of ash filling the room blackening everything. “No…Not anymore”, Dervish utters glaring coldly at his servant losing his sanity. Before his servant can do anything a wave of ash engulfs his servant, he screams are muffled as the ash takes effect blackening his whole body. The screams then silence as Dervish opens his new eyes, eying his dormitory door. In the corridor Dervish’s dormitory door smashes open, the door slamming into the adjacent wall cracking the wall. Several soldiers look in shock then look to Dervish’s room seeing nothing but clouds of ash, then from the darkness Dervish appears bearing little resemblance to the man. Dervish then treads the corridor, leaving indentations in the ground trails of ash following behind.

In the throne room several soldiers are bickering amongst themselves waiting for Dervish’s arrival. “Where on earth is he?”, one of the higher ups demands pacing impatiently. “Who knows his servant should have told him we are waiting for an audience with him”, another of the higher ups states looking at the throne. The throne room doors suddenly slam open grabbing everyone’s attention, clouds of ash pour into the throne room spreading along the floor. Then Dervish walks through, blackening the ground he treads intimidating the higher ups. “Dervish…is that you?!”, one of them questions watching as Dervish approaches. “Yes…It’s me”, he utters eyeing the higher ups. “What happened to you!”, another one stutters, “your body it’s…”. “It’s my power. I’ve just given in to it”, Dervish utters lowering his head. “You what?!”, one of the higher ups blasts, “Sousan warned you about that!” “Yes…”, Dervish declares glaring in hate, “that feeble wreck of a man. He was afraid that I’d discover my potential”. “That feeble wreck of a man is your father! The one who brought you into this world you ungrateful!..”.
   Before he can speak Dervish grips the higher up’s throat easily lifting him into the air, “He’s also the one who put me DOWN!!”. “Dervish that’s ENOUGH!”, one of the higher ups shouts in anger. Dervish looks at the higher ups before releasing his grip, on the one’s neck who backs away choking. “What was it you wanted to talk to me about?”, Dervish questions, bits of ash break away from his face. “Yes Dervish, our forces are ready to attack when you are”, one of the higher ups states. “Excellent”, Dervish replies, “have our forces sent immediately!”

 

 

On earth the sun shines it’s radiant light on London, on the street everyone is walking casually, doing their usual day business. A family walks through Trafalgar square deep in conversation, the wife suddenly spots the clouds puzzled. “Hey what’s up?’, her husband questions noticing her looking up. “The clouds. They are moving fast”, she notes, “too fast”. As she says this some of the clouds seem to move with their own free will, catching everyone’s attention. The clouds and sky then start to darken, shades of red start to show through the sky as the world suddenly stops. Everyone watches questioning this phenomenon; many people get out of their cars in watch. Then the sky ripples pushing the clouds away, as the red descents into darkness.
   Then from the darkness demons and beings from hell start to fall from the sky, before finding flight. Everyone watches in horror before running as the demons soon start to invade Earth.

Several hours later several miles from London on a rocky landscape, wind starts to grow as both Matius and Lemionas appear on Earth. Both landing looking towards the sky. "Something's not right..." Lemionas utters fearful looking into the horizon. Suddenly a strong wind arrives, both immediately raising their arms in protection as dust is carried. Both Matius and Lemionas duck as several demons fly past them. "We’re to late!”, Matius shouts in desperation dropping to his knees the wind growing in strength. “No! We can’t give up! Not now!”, Lemionas blasts. Suddenly the wind increase in strength both raise their arms.  “What's happening?", shouts Matius fighting against the wind his words barely hearable.,. "I don't know...” Lemionas hesitates his hair flaying in the wind, “I think something's coming!". Unknown to Lemionas bits of fragile rock start to break away, falling into the abyss below.
   Sensing something they both turn their heads towards the city lit sky. The sky is crimson red with winged demons flying above the city, the sound of thunder rolls through the landscape. Just as they see this soil breaks away from Lemiona's feet. He immediately goes off balance, desperately trying to gain balance. "Help!!", Lemionas shouts in panic. Matius quickly spins his head seeing Lemionas in danger, quickly he outstretches his hand to Lemionas. "Lemionas! Give me you hand!", Matius shouts the wind flapping his cape. Lemionas cautiously leans forward in desperation, his fingers close to Matius's. As he moves forwards the rocking gives way. Matius lunges forward in desperation, trying to grab Lemionas. Lemionas falls as Matius screams in anguish, watching his body fall into the blackness. With Lemionas gone Matius lowers his head looking into the dark abyss in silence giving his respects, his cape flapping behind. Finished he stands looking at the red sky, hearing faint screams in the distance.




© 2014 Shane Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on June 5, 2014
Last Updated on June 5, 2014


Author

Shane Williams
Shane Williams

Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
Dervish photoshop by ~Shane000 on deviantART I am a Illustrator, Photography, can write poems and I'm currently writting a fantasy/action/adventure story which had been influenced my lord of the ri.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Shane Williams