You're My Perfect

You're My Perfect

A Story by Shanika Taylor

It was a normal day like any other, I woke up to an empty bed thinking you already left to work. I got up and started my morning routine that got interrupted by sudden nausea. I must have stopped a thousand times then decided to stay home. I called in letting them know i really wasn't well and therefore I couldn't make it in today. I tried calling your phone but I couldn't get through. I called your office but your secretary said you weren't there yet. I started wondering if everything was okay with you. Gradually my symptoms started getting worse and then the whole world started spinning. Eventually it settled and i was able to make another call. I called Samantha to take me to the doctor and she was over in 15 minutes. 

There we sat waiting on the doctor to see me, a sudden eager feeling engulfingsk me all of a sudden. I tried calling you once more but still no answer. I called the office again and you were still not there. I was beginning to grow worried and was super wrapped up in my thoughts that had it not been for Sam I would not have heard my name being called. I got up with her help and made it to his office.

The doctor asked for all my symptoms with each added symptom seeming to confirm his already predicted ailment. He advised that I will do a pregnancy test which for some reason brought a high level of anxiety that was almost unbearable. I did the test and sat having my pressure taken while we await the results. My pressure was really high and so the doctor advised me to try to be as calm as possible when he identified I was super worried about my boy friendand therefore increasing my stress level. I tried my very best to be calm but I was super anxious to know if he was ok and what was going on with me.

The results came back and I was apparently three weeks pregnant. I mean i know I haven't been well lately but I never really thought about the possibility and I honestly don't know how to feel. Luke was unreachable and I was not sure if we were ready to have a child right now. His company just really took off and I was still pursuing my law degree. This was definitely something to think about.

Sam took me home and made me soup. She stayed until eventually, about 9:30 that night guess who showed up? Missing boyfriend. The moment he entered, the strong smell of alcohol could be smelt and by the looks of it he was so damn wasted. He stumbled in and there, right there on his left cheek was a lipstick stain. I took a deep breath and summoned the unknown strength I did not know I would have after the day I have had and help him up the stairs. Sam had gone when she realised he was home, she did not want to leave but she need to relieve her baby sitter.

I removed his clothes and just let him sleep. There were lipstick stains all over his torso...and his dick....his dick smelt heavily of vagina. I cried. Here i was pregnant with a little child for this undeserving b*****d. How could he do this? Four years we lived together. How many nights I stayed up with him helping with business proposals and typing his s**t and motivating him throughout his start up. I can't believe I thought I could actually trust him.

I slept in the guest room that night and cried myself to sleep. For this little baby I had to raise on my own becuase I honestly couldn't fathom the thought of an abortion. 

The next morning he was suffering from a hell of a hung over. He came into the kitchen not even noticing my tear stain face and how sick i probably looked having vomited everything i tried eating all morning. I was weak and I honestly just needed a little support. 

Sam called on my phone was on speaker. She askedif I was okay and if the little one inside me was being too much o a lil troublemaker. At that moment he looked at me with widened eyes finally taking in my appearance. He came closer to touch my tummy but i moved away and headed up to our bedroom. I decided that this i can't do this anymore. I am tired of only being seen when his dick needs housing. I am tired of being invisible and now being pregnant I know this environment wont be healthy. 

He entered the room with that sorry a*s look I have seen multiple times before but I know that s**t don't last. He wants to talk now and tell me last night was a mistake. A mistake. I know what a mistake is and it is loving such a b*****d. Man I just can't catch a break from these f**k boys. I continue packing my s**t and watch him stand there unsure of what excuse to use next. He just f*****g stood there and continued putting my s**t together until Eric my best friend came to get me. 

The drive to my new apartment was silent. Mostly because I was crying. I couldn't raise a baby on my own. I could barely manage law school I would have to drop out. Eric was always so good to me. He was every girls true dream. The real life prince charming. Yet he was never able to find the right girl. He was tall, light skinned with super desirable lips and the most amazing personality ever. He was never judgmental of my weirdness or complained about how different I was from other girls and I was always grateful for that. We could talk about anything and everything because he was just a super awesome friend. 

I sat there in the car seat really admiring him and wondering why I hadn't just dated him instead of the jerk I chose. Eric and I have always been close since we met. Somehow our personalities kinda just blended well. We have been friends since we started working together but he honestly did not know I always secretly adored him.But I guess I just knew that telling him that would be no use since I was not his type. You see, he likes his women with a big rare which I lack. I mean sure he thought I had nice b***s and he was always there but at the time he was also in a relationship. But I guess a part of me always knew he was the perfect guy and I kept hoping I could meet someone like him. 
These thought eventually put me to sleep and I woke up to a beeping sound. I was laying in a hospital bed with Eric by my side. I punched him in the arm andhe flew up while I laughed at his reaction. 
A few days have passed and I couldn't believe all the stuff I thought I had experienced was simply a dream while I was in a coma. There was no Luke, no pregnancy and Eric was still with his gf. 
I still continued to admire him secretly and he continued to be clueless.....

© 2018 Shanika Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on April 21, 2018
Last Updated on April 21, 2018

Author

Shanika Taylor
Shanika Taylor

Kingston, West Indies, Jamaica



About
Hi, My name is Shanika and I am just a simple girl from Jamaica who likes writing about strong emotions. I love reading also and I hope you enjoy my work. more..

Writing