The Encounter

The Encounter

A Chapter by Shanika Taylor
"

Chapter 1

"
She got off the bus taking a deep breath before taking o the journey home in the dark alone. She had no credit nor service to get to her brother to meet her and her phone was on the brink of dying so she had to make due with its flashlight while it lasted. It wasn't really a cold night and the moon lit her path well enough but she still had this nagging uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach that grew with each step she took. 
She had just reached the fields and glancing on wither side staring at the various plants she couldn't shake the uneasy feeling that someone or something was watching her. She walked briskly trying to make it to the intersection at least which was close to houses which meant that people could hear her cry for help if necessary. Her flashlight was lost as her battery finally died.
"Just great," she said frustraingly. "Gonna kill Tavon for removing my phone from my charger and charging his" she mentally noted. 
Suddenly there was a movement in the cornet of her eyes and before she knew it a large looking dog like image appeared infront of her. She was beyond scared. Not only becuase she was terribly afraid of dogs but becuase this beast had a weird unnatural look about it. She was frozen in the spot as it edged closer. She was paralyzed with fear and as it edged closer she couldn't help the strange sudden feeling that erupted in the pit of her stomach. She almost felt safe looking into the creature's eyes as she realised that it wasn't growling at her but stared at her curiously. 
Then, with an howl the beast morphed into the form of a man which caused darkness to consume her.
She awoke to the sound of a beeping monitor which made her really take in her surroundings. She was apparently in a hospital bed with a weird looking machine connected to her body. She tried to remember what happened the night before and as soon as she did she almost passed out again. Shecouldn't help the sobs that started erupting from her ondering what the hell that creature was and why it decided to scare her like that. She was also curious as to why it did not harm her and where that man was now. How can that beast change like that into a human she wondered.
The door opened revealing a doctor who started explainning that she simply passed out in shock and that she would be released as soon as further tests are done to ensure nothing else was wrong. As he left she noticed someone else enter and her breath almost got stuck in her throat as she realised it was the man the creature and transformed to. She started a mini panick but as she looked into his eyes she sensed a weird emotion and it sort o allowed her to calm down. He didn't have to say it at all, she saw how sorry he was.
"Hey," he said scratching the back of his head uncomfortably, "i didn't mean to scare you last night i just...i just wanted to see you" he cotinued.
"what...i mean who are you and what do you want with me?" she asked cautiously.
He closed the door and stepped closer to her pulling the chair in the corner of the room taking a seat. "My name is Ricardo Chantler and I...am well you saw what i am" he chuckled nervously. "I told you I just wanted to see you, you are my mate"
She laid there trying to remember if she was drunk by any chance from that smirnoff becuase there wasno way what she had seen and what she had heard is normal.
He stared at her knowingly as the mate bond enabled him to read her mind. He could tell she had been through alot and that was one ofthe reasons he couldn't stay way any longer. He wanted to be there for her, he wanted to protect her and he wanted to love her like she deserved. But most importntly, he needed his Luna.
She just stared at him in awe and perhaps confusion trying to figure out if she was high or something. He was so f*****g hot though like way out of her league. He was wearing a black t shirt with his tattoos on full display and dispite her inner thoughts on the posibility of her being high she just wanted to trace all of them with her finger tips. His face had this cute innocent yet silentbad boy look that intrigued her. He had ash blond hair and thesexiest smile she had ever seen.
He watched her eyes roam his body staring at his tattoos in utter curiosity. He could feel his body heating up at the thought of his mate really checking him out. She had the most beautiful smile he had ever seen and he wanted to always be able to put that smile on her face. He had been watching her for weeks now ever since he found out that she was his mate he couldn't keep his distance. Especially when she wsas way too close to a certain vampire for his liking.
"I really am sorry i scared you like that last night, i know it wasn't the best approach but i could sense there was something really bothering you and it was driving me crazy watching you hurting" he said softly. He looked at her and once again she saw that emotion inhis eyes that made her know that his words were genuine and so she just nodded for lack of words and also becuase she has never had to handle being hit on by someone this sexy before. He looked like the guy girls would instantly gush over and well she was never really the girl that a guy would pick from a crowd. She was just simply Nika. 
But she did not know that he only had eyes for her. He only slept at nights with the comforting though of knowing he watched her get home safe and as much as he hated her vampire friend, he knew she was safe with him. 
He watched her eyes grow heavy once againand he knew she was simply tired and needed her rest so he told her to get some rest but made no effort to leave her and he did not know that this gave her a bit of comfort as she drifted off to sleep.
As he watched her sleep so peacefully his mind wondered on one thing. He was told she is completely human however he could tell that she was able to look past his creature appearance and see that he had no bad intentions in his eyes. He knew she was able to tell hoe genuine his words are and despite passing out after seeing him transform before her, she was taking it rather well compared to other human girls his friends had mated with. She hada different spirit and he could almost swear when she looked him in the eyes earlier, she had an inner wolf that was connecting to his. He knew then that there was only one explanation for this, she had no idea just who she really was and now he had the task of ensuring he explained all this to her while ensuring she will become his Luna for sure. 


© 2018 Shanika Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on April 16, 2018
Last Updated on April 16, 2018
Tags: werewolf, vampire, love, mate, deception, friendship, hurt


Author

Shanika Taylor
Shanika Taylor

Kingston, West Indies, Jamaica



About
Hi, My name is Shanika and I am just a simple girl from Jamaica who likes writing about strong emotions. I love reading also and I hope you enjoy my work. more..

Writing