Chapter 2 - Developments

Chapter 2 - Developments

A Chapter by Shanika Taylor

Ricardo stared at her while she slept remembering the first time he realised she was his mate. He had just had an argument with his dad and went for a drive and ended up picking up his little brothers from UWI. As he neared the back gate he glimpsed a little beauty making her way out and from the way his wolf reacted, he knew she was his mate. He had then began to see her more and the way she automatically calmed his spirit and he knew then he couldn't keep away so he started following her and eventually managed to follow her home and just about anywhere. Call him a stalker but he couldn't get enough of the feeling she gave him. 

This was common for his kind, the moment they saw their mates they could tell based on the wolf in them and their reaction. I mean one can get the hots for someone but only the mate can really spark a reaction from their inner mate. Then last night he just couldn't help but notice how frustrated she was but that wasn't the only reason he needed to follow her. The Lunas of his pack was always targetted for a simple reason, mates are bonded by the gods themself. If your mate dies it can really affect your wolf and therefore your strength as the Alpha. To make it worse, legend has it that the next Luna of his pack will be the sacred white wolf that will be able to help them become the most powerful pack and restore order to the Werewolf Treaty signed with the vampires. 

The Blood moon pack was currently the most powerful led by Alpha Richard who is always causing mischief with the vampires therefore dishonouring the treaty and causing an imbalance. Also, rumor has it that this alpha has a daughter that is working for him residing in Ric's pack, the White moon pack.

She woke up that afternoon with an everlasting thirst. She looked to her right and there sat Ricardo fast asleep who seemed to have never left her side throught the morning. Her face heated up as she started checking him out again. 

A nurse walked in with a tray of what appeared to be a glass of orange juice, a bottle of water plus food. She was grateful for the water and immediately opted for that before anything else. The nurse checked the monitor while she drank and ask of how she was feeling. She then noticed how the nurse was staring at the sleeping Ricardo and this weird emotion developed in her tummy. She suddently had the urge or ripping this nurse to shreds even though this man did not really blong to her. She thought of his words earlier announcing that they were mates. She wondered if that was really true. How can a man who looked so darn sexy really be her mate? She honeslty thought this was a strange prank and would have successfully convinced herself so if not for the reminder of his transformation. She was so wrapped up in her thoughts she did not notice he was now awake.

"Eat," he said to her then turned to the nurse who was just busying herself by making a note of what the monitor readings were. "When can she leave?" he asked formally. 

"She may leave as soon as Dr. Henry does his final checks," she stated then left.

Nika looked at him as she slowly realised that he seemed to be having an internal battle. The way his brows creased as he thought about whatever. 

"Have you eaten?" She asked softly. He nodded, but she sensed he was lying but shrugged it off making a mental note to share her food with him. So she ate half and handed him the plate. At first he tried to refuse but one look at her face and he knew that his alpha title would not have an effect on this little feisty mate of his so he took it and ate in silence. 

The doctor came back, did his necessary checks and declared she was okay to be released. She got up out of bed and started gathering her stuff. She then remembered to check her phone.

"Oh my God, my family must have been seriously worried and will plan my funeral if I don't have a good excuse" she stated as Ricardo entered once again.

"My uncle took care of that he just simply let them know you fainted on your way home and a passerby took you to the hospital and now you are being released and will be dropped home," he stated blankly.

She shrugged knowing that she would have to fill in the necessary gaps so that her family did not just think she spent the night with this honk of a man. 

Upon exiting the hospital she noticed that there was a man standing against a black Benz Coupe GLE 450 who seemed to be the older version of her mate. She took in every inch of the car in awe as this was her favourite car. Her heart did a lil flip as she couldn't help the smile that spread across her face as she was led to the car. Her smile fell however upon noticing that harsh look on the man's face. She took a deep breath and followed hesitantly behind Ric. 

"Are you alright?" He asked with now a look of concern while giving Ric a look of disapproval but she was surprised at how fast his expressions changed. It was actually kind of weird. "Excuse my son's behaviour he was never one to follow protocol he really wasn't supposed to shift in front of you like that," he stated now giving her a better understanding of why he seemed mad.

"I am alright and it is okay he already apologized," she responded but she could cut the tension between the men with a knife if she had one. She felt a sort of sadness radiating from her mate and she felt as if there was something else going on here that she did not quite understand but she felt the sudden urge to hug him but refrained when she remembered that he is still a stranger no matter how sexy he is and the fact that she felt drawn to him. 

Mr. Chantler handed his son the keys and headed into the building to speak with his brother while she got into the car. Apperantly they have their own hospital which actually makes more sense seeing as how normal doctors testing their blood would have a field day.

The ride back home was silent and not the comfortable silence she was used to but rather she was super bothered by the fact that he seemed to have a lot going on in that head of his and she really wanted to comfort him but at the same time she was curious to know more about him first before caring too much. 

"So," she started, "what happens now?" She asked curiously. This is something she had been wondering about for some time now. She really wanted  to know what was going to happen now that she was made aware of him. She had read so many werewolf books which meant that he would more than likely want her to leave her old life behind or something in that regards. I mean sure she did not have a lot of things to love about her present life but she did have good friends like Morgan who she really couldn't just leave behind. 

"Well that is entirely up to you actually. We are mates and it is highly favourable that we are together but I can't force you to be with me. Well I could but I won't. The plan was to meet you normally, allow us to get to know each other well enough and then explain all this to you," he responded not taking his eyes off the road.

She thought for a moment and then wondered if she should get to know him or simply forget this ever happened although she knew she would never forget such an encounter. But then as weird as this all seemed he seemed like a pretty nice guy and she felt this great urge to be there for him. She could tell that beyond that sexiness lies a sad guy and she wanted to be able to be what he needed. She couldn't quite understand why her sudden urge to be with him was so strong but she wanted to give this a shot.

"What if I did want to get to know you better?" She asked looking at the road ahead. She turned to look at him only to now see that he was now smiling. 

"Then I would have the oppurtunity of making things right," he responded.

It was then agreed that they would get to know each other which included him telling her more about his world. They exchanged numbers and continued the rest of the journey listening to music. 

He silently thanked the heavens that she was taking this so well. His friend Chad did not have the same luck with his mate. And he almost ended up without one as she was completely terrified of the very thought of kissing a 'creature like him' and ain't no pain like rejection, it is just a whole lot worse when done by your mate.

He pulled up to her house and when she got out of the car finally after them making their first date arrangements, he was feeling a little gloomy to see her go. She was full of so much spirit that he simply wished she would not have to ever leave his side. Her happy personality brough him so much light and he simply just wanted to adorn her with his admiration. He waited so long to be able to talk to her, silently walked her home many nights without her knowledge and now he was able to see her smile knowing he caused it and also knowing that she was agreeing to give him a chance made his heart flip. He had a lot going on with his dad and he really just needed her to lighten his days. 

Becoming the alpha of the pack is no joke and he was expected to be and do so much that it was starting to drive him crazy. 

When he got home after getting his dad back from the hospital all he wanted to do was to go to his room and text her. Though he was able to understand and read some of her inner thoughts, he was not able to really have all access until they were fully mated. Therefore he was now going to have to rely on messaging her or calling her to see if she is okay when he isn't discreetly watching over her.

As soon as he entered the house he was greeted by his twin brothers Grayson and Tyson who were as usual entertaining two new chicks with their dance moves. His brothers were 18 years old, five years younger than he was and sometimes he wish he was as young as them so as to escape all the responsbilities he has now. He never gets to have fun now and all he hears from his dad is how much he can't do something right and if it were his brother Nicholas, he would have been able to do it easily. Nicholas died last year after an attack on the pack that also took his mother's life. Now everyday since the role of alpha has been passed on to him, he has to deal with the constant dispproval of his dad. There was not a day that goes by that he doesn't wish he was the one that was dead and not his brother. 

*****************
Nika was laying in her room thinking about all that had happened wondering if this was God's way of sending her an ideal guy. She chuckled at the thought and went to text her best friend. She knew she couldn't tell him the details but at just that she met someone.
Troublemaker Morgan: Hey Kiddo
Me: hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry am responding late tho
Troublemaker Morgan: okay. how u doing?
Me: am ok....just home....kinda just home. Fainted on the way home last night and i kinda met a cute guy in the process.
Troublemaker Morgan: wow! u okay tho? And I am happy u met someone.
Me: Yep am okay just taking it ez. Just stress ig. But am ok now. 
Troublemaker Morgan: okay klz just glad u ok....and u met someone. 
Me: yep ttyl tho gonna take a nap
Troublemaker Morgan: Okay lil one

Nika laid in bed for some time just thinking about her night before. She thought of the creature and then of the honk of a guy claiming to be her mate. With a smile she dozed off wondering if all this will be a reality when she woke up again as this was way too cool to be true. 

*****************

Ricardo had just taken a shower and was heading to the kitchen when he saw one of the pack girls sitting idly with the twins' girlfriends. Normally he would be quick to flirt with the first available chick but ever since he discovered his mate and all she had been through, he stopped being that guy. 

Ashley sat chatting with the twin's gfs Allison and Claire catching up with the latest gossip. The moment they mention that Ricardo has finally reach out to his mate, she was furious. For years she was madly inlove with him and now when she thought she had a chance with him, he becomes reserved and decides to keep himself for his mate. She had seen pictures of this girl and she was not pleased with the dull appearance of the girl. She thought he deserved way better and she was that better. 

Just then he walked into the kitchen not sparing her a glance not once. The girls were so caught up with their social media lurking that they did not see how her eyes followed his every move. How she watched a stray water droplet fall over his shirtless torso rolling over his perfectly chiseled abs. She wanted nothing more than to run her tongue along that same trail right down to his...

"Hello, earth to Ashley," Claire said snapping her back to reality.

"Where the hell did you vanish off too?" Allison asked. The girls looked at her curiously now realizing she was staring at Ricardo who was now exiting the kitchen.

"ooooohhhhhh, still checking out the Alpha i see," said Allison with a smirk. "You do remember he has now spoken with his mate and is reserving himself for her," She continued looking at Ashley who getting annoyed.

"Oh come on Ali, you have seen her picture too. She is nothing compared to what I can offer. She isn't even anything but a mere human. What's that compared to sexy wolf like me? " Ahley retorted as she excused herself. 

She went in the hall and decided to message her boss to inform him that it was time to put their plan into action.

With that she quickly tried to catch up with the young alpha ensuring she had what was necessary with her to do the trick.


© 2018 Shanika Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on April 23, 2018
Last Updated on April 24, 2018
Tags: romance, admiration, tension


Author

Shanika Taylor
Shanika Taylor

Kingston, West Indies, Jamaica



About
Hi, My name is Shanika and I am just a simple girl from Jamaica who likes writing about strong emotions. I love reading also and I hope you enjoy my work. more..

Writing