A thought about nature

A thought about nature

A Story by Shady Shariest
"

Few stray thoughts.

"
You'd never guess that the busiest junction in town, connecting the streets leading towards three biggest supermarkets, would be in your sights if you just turned around.

The trees that surround this street are beautiful and good artists. Birches line this road as it travels trough to mirror the new, empty, main street far ahead. Their leaves are turning yellow, some all ready fallen, winds are dancing them - no window nearby could avoid facing the forest in it's swaying, drunken, dance.

Simple art of fulfilling the scenery around them. Facing the busiest part of town they beautify shops, soften what impact buildings from decades ago would give - mighty showings of the sleeping paper-towns heydays long past. But if you simply turn around you will see them meld to the nearly endless depths or green which surround the mountain ,stretching far and wide beyond city borders.

Not many tourists enjoy the simple fact of living amidst nature, "too many trees!" or "It's just forests and lakes!". I have been to Stockholm and Helsinki: i have seen an immense respect to the sea - Stockholm is a magnificent town to walk around. Helsinki...Helsinki i do not enjoy. It always feels gray, a dull city made out of convenience over living. These big towns feel different, more threatening - asking you to tame whatever demons you might face if you wish to stay.

Here i am walking down the street... Looking at the white house from the sixties with it's unassuming green roof. Across it a cat is walking, wind whistles and trees whisper. I know that with just fifteen minutes of walking i could be on top of a mountain or eating lunch on the dock, watching the lake.

This town is a place for living, people come and go as they wish - but trees and winds will always happily say hello and goodbye.  

© 2015 Shady Shariest


Author's Note

Shady Shariest
Not a native English-speaker.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on October 6, 2015
Last Updated on October 6, 2015
Tags: trees, nature, non-fiction

Author

Shady Shariest
Shady Shariest

Finland



About
Just going to post any random writings i might make here more..

Writing
Nights Nights

A Story by Shady Shariest