What-might-be, Happy-ever-afters and Yet-to-be's

What-might-be, Happy-ever-afters and Yet-to-be's

A Poem by sharonlee
"

Thoughts and Art Sharonlee Goodhand Imageweaver 2021

"
What-might-be, Happy-ever-afters and Yet-to-be's

Don't we owe a duty to ourselves to fill our days with promises of tomorrows woven between spring clouds that drift into intoxicating dreamscapes of what-might-be and happy-ever-afters... to gather up the tattered remnants of what was, creating with the memories therein a tapestry of yet-to-be...

Yet-to-be's reside in everyone, young and old and ancient... often hidden between the pages of a half-forgotten book or half-remembered vision... sometimes lingering on a not-quite-familiar fragrance, perhaps cinnamon and burnt sugar or melted candle wax and wine.
Some yet-to-be's linger within echoes of a song, or the sigh of a soft summer breeze as it tickles its way through summer-dry leaves.
Yet-to-be's are everywhere, lost or forgotten, even abandoned.
We all have them. Even if we don't remember.

Perhaps we become as lost as our yet-to-be's... forgetting to nourish them (and ourselves)  becoming inured to the mundane "ism's" of life. The imitations of life thrust upon us.

Happy-ever-afters aren't necessarily like they are in fairy tales... they can be whatever we want them be and what-might-be's are just that ‐- a potpourri of fragrances and experiences blended to suit each of us.

Don't give up on your yet-to-be's, seek them out in the obscure corners of life where they wait, forgotten... nourish them with sweet whispers and dreams of tomorrow, feed them (and yourself) on the richness of compassion and companionship... fill life with shimmering dust motes that dance as you pass through sunsplashes and illuminate your nights with the stardust of yet-to-be's.
*
Thoughts and Art Sharonlee Goodhand Imageweaver 2021

© 2021 sharonlee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

there is a saying (from a reggae song by Ziggy Marley) that goes something like "don't know your past, won't know your future".... and your poem and art work reminded me of an important point: the future is up to us!!! our yet to bes are unwritten until we work to make them reality....

too many people don't really know their past nor do they think they can make things better than what they are and so just live to make the best life they can for themselves, completely ignoring the interconnection among and between all things and that our actions can and do change the material world around us.... what we do determines our yet to bes and even our inaction determines our yet to bes.... there is the thinking and the doing, the theory and the practice... what we think determines how we act and then acts back on what we think and our yet to be changes in one way or another..... will our yet to bes be one of community and compassion or one of self centeredness??? what are we willing to live and die for???

Sharonlee your art and poetry always takes us on a journey into the possibilities of yet to be.... thank you for this....

Posted 2 Years Ago


sharonlee

2 Years Ago

It is always a delight to see you Redzone and linger with your thoughts... thank you for sharing an.. read more
"Yet to be's" like Langston Hughes "dream deferred"---

"it stinks like rotten meat"---and finally explodes.

maybe into fruition or else into smithereens and is gone.
the longer we put things off, the harder it will be to get to them...
j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


sharonlee

2 Years Ago

A lot seems to "stink like rotten meat" these days... not a lot we can do about that except stay .. read more
I certainly feel we tend to spend too much time lingering in the past rather than living in the now or thinking about the future. Yet to be's. How wonderful to project ourselves forward and to long for a future filled with warm, fragrant and happy moments. Your lovely poem is upbeat and contains lines of beautiful imagery. Well done Sharon. Thank you for sharing.

Chris


Posted 2 Years Ago


sharonlee

2 Years Ago

A pleasure to share with you Chris... I do find myself falling into that trap of living in the past,.. read more
Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

I think many of us are inclined to visit the past. Pleased to see you back. Take care Sharon x
sharonlee

2 Years Ago

Thank you Chris, you take as well x

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 2, 2021
Last Updated on September 2, 2021

Author

sharonlee
sharonlee

Central Queensland, Australia



Writing
Art Art

A Poem by sharonlee