Narcivanitymaterialism

Narcivanitymaterialism

A Poem by Shaun
"

People... Sigh

"
Now comes a time to convey an expression which drives me to insanity.
We, the people of the here and now, with our egotistic vanities.
Everything must color coded, labeled correctly, and cataloged.
Quality is of the highest priority and there can be no room for flaws.
Whatever happened to the simple fact that we are but of flesh and bone?
When did we replace our simple existences with CPUs and smart phones?
When exactly did a family circle include a television?
When did we replace a face to face with updates to our statuses?
What happened to the world outside, you know, the one with birds and trees...
When did we replace the great outdoors with megapixel touch screens?
At what point did we decide to cancel out our physical presences,
To give our souls to avatars and relieve ourselves from real circumstances?
When did we begin to spend the money that could provide food to eat
on the latest and greatest, "you're not cool if you don't have them," pair of designer jeans?
When did something meant to protect your feet come in so many different colors?
As if anyone needs a closet of shoes of assorted shades of pinks and yellows.
When did people become defined by the colors of their outfits?
When did you earn a place among your peers by the price range of your sunglasses?
Our narcissism as a species is far beyond my comprehension.
Our traditional values have lost their meaning and given way to materialism.
We've lost all touch to actual being and it utterly nauseates me.
We've given away our living drive and replaced it with a battery.

© 2014 Shaun


Author's Note

Shaun
Enjoy it if you will...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You describe the nowadays society so pretty damn well, my friend.
All has become material, and modern, there aren't any values anymore left it seems,
I struggle myself daily with this, being an old soul in a young body, but
I value old fashioned, times, where we all were more happy, then soaked in,
into social media, and s**t... in the past they wrote each other a letter, and it was
really exciting to "have waited for it so long" then to may finally open it. your points of view are always so clear, and on point, this is no exception.
Values and normes, should be more free, not consumed by the "mass"...
I know of myself, I'm so happy being the one I am, and if I look different, or are different, what do I care? I NEVER ever would by a jeans, of a mark, for, I'm rather unique, than I wear a label... (I did this before) when I was in kind of an identity crisis, but that's what this whole point is, and drives people insane... and your piece of writing, it's the explanation, of making aware people to get slowly insane, (the society does) Shauny, rather please stay forever the "evanescence" personality then a mass-bunny as we call it here LOL, those are only populair to achieve one thing: Attention, which is (false attention). (but you know that for sure already... clever ((YOU)).
I ramble, too much as always, but it's good to be here, and see your eye-opening words, to the world. It sickens me too.

Thank you for sharing your work my sweet friend.
Never change a bit... ;)
I ENJOYED IT :D

- Elisa

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 22, 2014
Last Updated on April 22, 2014

Author

Shaun
Shaun

IL



About
I'm 24. I've been writing for several years. My poetry is usually more dark. more..

Writing
Affliction Affliction

A Poem by Shaun