Conniptions of the Living Lost

Conniptions of the Living Lost

A Poem by Shaun
"

Older poem.

"
Forget the wit and all of the promises.
It's time for an exposé.
Let's show the world yet another hard truth.
Let's give the world dismay.
Hold my hand, dear fading friend, and let the glare intensify.
For this impromptu fortitude is destined for unbecoming.
I am a man of blood and flesh whose sanity is on the table for bidding.
Complete me now or cut me down. A turnip isn't much for bleeding. With nooses and bruises and broken hearts, a path is forged throughout eternity.
When the minute bares a symbol, the war machine starts turning. Around and round from then to forever, the bells will chime with the passing hour.
For loveliness and ludicrous are the languages of the commoner and coward.
Who am I to even try to sift my bones from concrete ashes.
When the bombs dropped who could've forgotten the fairytales of blue collar incentives.
Awaken, get up and open your eyes, the truth stands in waiting.
On the strangled wings of carrion prey lies a higher understanding.
These are the conniptions of the living lost and the grounds of a unhallowed warning.
Follow them not and you shall bare witness to the consequences slowly maturing.
Night will turn to day and evening to night, the streets will crowd and schools will empty.
Like the undead we will shamble forth and paint the skyscrapers crimson red.
Compensation of every sort will drive our every breathing.
Those whose pockets are more capable of expansion will call upon the weak to be carried.
Through the darkness a light will shine and blind the youth and the impoverished.
It will carry them away for another work day and sedate their cries and admonishment.
Open your eyes fools, and look outside of that transparent suffocating blindfold.
That machine is powered by your own bare hands, lubricated in single file.
In single file, you'll earn your pay as you continue your prostitution.
Surprise, surprise, I neglected to mention, it's all what you were already doing.

© 2014 Shaun


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

At some point or the other, we've all seen the ugly truth about our seemingly meaningful lives-we've all taken the red pill but ultimately surrendered helplessly to the inability to change the system and opted yet again to blissful ignorance.

I love the tempo of this piece. I felt your anger your urgency. I hope the Living Lost finds this piece before its too late. Good job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Shaun

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much. Im happy you could feel what i was attempting to convey. I hope one day that th.. read more
Tan-90

10 Years Ago

You're most welcome..

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Added on May 5, 2014
Last Updated on May 5, 2014

Author

Shaun
Shaun

IL



About
I'm 24. I've been writing for several years. My poetry is usually more dark. more..

Writing
Affliction Affliction

A Poem by Shaun