She loves me not

She loves me not

A Story by Shayne Winchester
"

A portion from one of my latest stories that I may or may not post on here. ^^

"

Isabelle tightened her grip on the hilt of her blade. She fixed a dark glower on the boy looming before her. Her upper lip curled with contempt as she watched the him. Her hazel eyes narrowing, she hurled herself towards the him. Slashing her blade in front of her, she snarled menacingly. A similar sound escaped the boy's vocals as he stepped out of range. He studied her contently from a fair distance away, his frosted blue eyes boring into hers.

"What are you doing here, Cal?" Isabelle growled harshly.

          The boy was obviously trying to hide a smirk as she questioned him. He raised his hands up in a mock display of surrender.

"I'm here to see Amy. I don't want to cause any trouble," he assured Isabelle.

          Not fooled by his concerned tone, Isabelle launched herself after him again. Slinging her switchblade about aimlessly, she forced him back against the brick ally wall.

Having pinned him against the bricks, she pressed her blade against the flesh of his throat. She sneered at him maliciously, applying just enough pressure to his neck to draw a thin line of blood.

"You're not welcome here anymore, Cal. Get lost," Isabelle stepped away from him, but held the point of her switchblade out towards him threateningly.

          Ignoring her animosity, Cal simply leaned his back against the ally wall. He crossed his arms over his chest and stared at Isabelle intently.

"Get out of here now, Cal, or I'll beat you sideways," Isabelle snarled savagely through clenched teeth, infuriated by his presence.

"I'm not going to leave Amy here with you, Izzy. She's only eight. You can't take care of her by yourself," Cal reasoned.

          Isabelle's bravado faltered at that, and she lowered her blade to her side. She looked at the dirt-covered ground beneath her feet, unwilling to meet Cal's gaze. She knew he was right, but she just couldn't face the idea of anyone taking her sister away.

 

© 2011 Shayne Winchester


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on February 27, 2011
Last Updated on February 27, 2011

Author

Shayne Winchester
Shayne Winchester

Fishers, IN



About
I highly doubt anyone will actually take the time out of their lives to read this, but whatever, here we go. My name is Shayne Winchester, clearly, and I am 14-years-old. I am proudly of the female ge.. more..

Writing