Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Shayne Winchester

I didn't think, didn't even bother to assess the situation as I leapt forwards. It was a fatal mistake on my part. All that mattered was that my pack was in danger, and no amount of self-risk would stop me from going to them.

"You wouldn't dare," He snarked, trying to put up a facade of strength for our onlookers.

 

"You must have forgotten that you're holding my packmates at knife-point. Having that little issue in mind, let me ask you a simple question, to which I believe the answer is quite obvious. Wouldn't I?"

 

 With a snarling cry of outrage, I threw myself at the man cowering before me. I shifted on the fly as his hand closed around the dagger hanging from his waist. His hand closed around the weapon too slow. I allowed my teeth to slide easily into the skin of his exposed forearm. He screamed and thrashed his arm inside my jaws, only making his skin tear more rapidly. He must have forgotten how to fight the very moment that my teeth met his flesh, because his weapons lay uselessly at his feet. He kicked at me pitifully.

 

I gave no second thought the clenching my teeth together over his thick humerus bone. It took me less than five seconds to gnaw my way clear to the milky white structure. It took even less to snap it in half. A sheer wail of anguish shook my enhanced ears. This man.. he deserved the pain of death, for holding my packmates. I tightened my grip on the halfed bone with a snarl, ready to tear his limb from the socket.

 

"Faith, let him go."

There was a momentary lapse of silence as the command floated throughout the room. All heads turned to stare. I payed no need to the broken soul I left behind as I sauntered over to the speaker. I shifted into human form just as his arms encircled my waist, his hands spreading out over my hips, sending waves of joy through my veins. I felt my lips melt against his as I wrung my hands through the silk of his hair. Drawing his face away, he grazed the pad of his thumb over my lower lip. When he pulled it back, there was an unsettling spotch of crimson marring his tanned skin. Blood, from my sobbing victim, that he had wiped from my lips.

 

My eyes glazed with agony as I turned to look at the man. He sat on the stone floor, surrounded eerily by a pool of his own blood. My gaze drifted unwillingly to his torn arm. I did that. All of this was me. Killing is what I was bred for, but it was still hard to call myself a murderer. That's what I was, I would never delude myself like that, but all the same.. being heartless was never an easy feat. I hated the pity-derived whine that freed itself from my throat at the sight of my own carnage. I pressed back against Colby, his sturdy frame and reasurring grip offering me false comfort that I didn't deserve.

 

Blood was law. Loyalty was order. And Colby was mine.

My absolute. My fortification against everything that I was, and all that I stood for. I twisted back to face him, staring up into his golden eyes, craving the warmth of his touch. My mate, my everything, my other half, my world.

"I love you," the whispered words were all too true.

With a devilish grin, the one that always made my stomach twist in that special way, he pressed his lips to mine. The sensation of being loved was all that I needed, and everything that I wanted. His tongue brushed gently over my lips. With stolen blood on our mouths, we gave a brilliant display of our perfect, imperfect love.

 



© 2011 Shayne Winchester


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this! You should keep going!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 29, 2011
Last Updated on August 29, 2011


Author

Shayne Winchester
Shayne Winchester

Fishers, IN



About
I highly doubt anyone will actually take the time out of their lives to read this, but whatever, here we go. My name is Shayne Winchester, clearly, and I am 14-years-old. I am proudly of the female ge.. more..

Writing