Red Sonja Mirror Match

Red Sonja Mirror Match

A Story by BigDreamer
"

An unfinished old fanfiction written for a dedication to one of my favorite Marvel Comics heroines.

"

There was not a presence lurking in this empty shell of a town. No mere mortal or creature had shown hint to reveal their existence here. It's something she expected beforehand yet not this unoccupied. The small vacant place were began showing the likes of a ghost town. Built between the flourishing Argos and northern Aquilonia. They are both known for the marvelous seas near their surroundings. The dull area she is currently in was one of the many locations constructed on the borderline between the two cities. Signs were not even near the entrance which did not help her identification chances relating to the environment. She considered it nameless�"more insufficient than she once thought. Luminous stars aligned within the dark sky's layers, shredding the blue abyss provided. If not for the shining crescent moon, there would be more dark spots around. Something any one gifted on the side of common sense can keep their guard up.


In a previous city the individual has yet to recall, a open offer were given to all. The one who could cease the life of a trouble some sorcerer will receive a reward involving gold. A request she would gladly accept; many men native in the last city has done the same. However, proof of evidence from the magic user's possession has to be brought back here. No exceptions. This requirement was not an issue for her. There is a few ideas as of which object to choose for the target's death confirmation. Nevertheless, she refused to leave until a job is done�"a threatening blade welcomes her towards the afterlife's two sided gates tells the woman otherwise.


Natural ruby tinted locks sways in the breezy wind's circulating in the environment. Curly hair ends brushes her back's middle section at times of the chilly weather pushes them off the bare skin she graces in her travels. Sonja's attire choice were quite different for a warrior to say the least. Scantly chainmail armor providing less protection and material coverage than she would originally need. The small clothing pieces is a gray colored bikini concealing redundant breasts and her lower region, clinging amongst her curvy outer figure. The red tressed woman wandered on the gravel filled floor; cocoa knee length boots takes medium speed paces in the trail ahead. No precise direction cared to be crafted in this unknown town. Each step she takes seem to mattered not, the deserted all begin looking similar. Such actions made her compare herself to a stray dog chasing it's furry tail. A journey venturing in circles but where was it's end?


Doubts silently creating inside. Perhaps the people who have spoken of the wizard's whereabouts is incorrect. Negative thoughts were rather tempting at the mind's frustration slowly filling. Nevertheless, a habit such as giving up was not something the fervent she-devil is accustomed to. It were a move a weak minded fool does in her opinion. She was not one. In her deepest mental arrangements, there would be one more move to make: Leave or continue the hopeless quest. To Sonja's approval, extending her stay in the lonesome town is an idea she plans on going through. Hope still lingers in the deepest cores of her spirit which had helped in the past. It never failed her then. She had confidence that it could not possibly disappoint her now.


Green visual spheres sharply focuses on another path's choice�"one she have not gazed upon before. A quick shutting motion fades her vision and a few seconds later, her eyes opened. A blink had to be done for a confirmation of the sudden change. Faint flickers ignites in the air itself; yellow sparks visibly forward in her line of keen sight. Their small minor lines zapping across the open space, golden shards glowing in the further distance then fades abruptly. Thin azure lines becomes present, gradually bending into round curves. The figure extends itself taller than the height of a circle and unites their ends, creating an oval outline. Blue distinctive energies rises outwards from the transparent surface stretching out several feet. Newly found strength lies inside the rapid winds, heaver force picking up. Stronger air currents pushes back the crimson mane and over exposed form once settled


Tarim's Blood!” Sonja sworn in the name of one the various eldest gods originated from her era. “If this fool of a wizard thinks sorcery tricks and diversions would halt my attempts, he is poorly mistaken.


It did not matter to her either the sorcerer heard her words or not. She were not a fool for an ambush; charging headfirst in horrid situations was often a habit of hers. Delicate brown gloved fingers moves guided by her right slender arm behind her naked back, removing the Hyrkanian blade held in a sheath case sling diagonally. Hilt firmly squeezed in her right hand, she resumes a swift stride towards the new object before her. Fear did not occupy the red one's emotions when the distant between herself and the floating oval shaped passageway closed in each rushed advance made. She were ready for any surprises that happens to bring their way in her path.


Physical contact between her peach toned skin and the dark blue egg-like figure did not effect Sonja in the slightest. White lines painting a brief border on the edges of her body as she slips through the oval. Her steady stride reduces, slowing down in a complete stop. She permitted more than one glance at the new location before her. Similar to the town, it were vacant yet in compact compared to the old destination. Illuminating light shines down on the large pearl white room, brightening the center mostly out of the other angles the space have.

© 2011 BigDreamer


Author's Note

BigDreamer
What do you think of the story? *SPOILER* The last of my inspiration dropped here when the final paragraph is to show she stepped into a new room where it is realized that the shallow city she had seen was an illusion. The way I portray Sonja's dialogue is also in need of reviewing. I never understood her way of word at times in the comics. ^_^;

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
Added on October 19, 2011
Last Updated on October 19, 2011

Author

BigDreamer
BigDreamer

NY



About
Let's keep things short: I am 20. In my spare time, I write poems and stories. My work often resides on the genres between Fantasy, Fiction and Romance. I became intrigued and inspired in writing .. more..

Writing
Preface Preface

A Chapter by BigDreamer


Dear Mom Dear Mom

A Poem by BigDreamer