Atop the Train Trestle

Atop the Train Trestle

A Story by Shelley
"

A moments regret is redeemed through his security and grace.

"
I was sitting between the tracks on the old trestle bridge. My mind marveled at the stars shimmering across the barren darkness. Even under the faint glow of the moon my eyes were drawn ever to the crevasse of the splintering wood braced by amber flakes of forgotten dreams. God's vast intricacy had paralyzed me in a state of awe so emblazoning that the rope lose around my neck merely kissed my porcelain skin. The soft shimmer of water glistened below as if someone lost deep beneath beckoned me in.
The noose grew taught as the stars began to fade, my voice lost as the edge leered near.  A tear fell as my heart began to succumb to to such pain as an eternity in hell; until hidden love relight a long forgotten hope. He was there as He always had been. My mortal soul was crushed by the mere nightmare of His divine absence. I longed to praise Him for all these days! The rope silenced my cry for Him as each breathe grew faint. He knew my weeping before each tear had formed. this man, brilliant as all light combined and clothed in white, unraveled the rope of which i could find no hold. He delicately brushed each silk curl into place as I collapsed into His all-embracing arms. My eyes were as if falls to quench the desert rose as each breathe grew deeper to chase His unfathomable love. Gently, we stood together , Him with His strong caress bearing all my pain.
Not from the side of which I came but as divine love enveloped us into His light, He led me over those troubled waters, for it was He who led me off the bridge that night into grace so freely undeserved.  

© 2015 Shelley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on December 29, 2015
Last Updated on December 29, 2015
Tags: dream, god, savior, life, suicide, second chance