My Greatest Fear

My Greatest Fear

A Poem by Shelby Baker
"

My Greatest Fear

"

My Greatest Fear

 

 

 

 

My fear  isnt about


 Being a lonely old hag nobody wants to be around

 Getting into a crash and not being able to walk

 Dying and being the devils little torture doll

Spiders crawling all over my body

Tight dark spaces that will crush me

 

Oh no

 

My fear is greater than that

It’s the fear of having my family judge my writing

Just think of what would be going through their minds

 

       That goes through her head?

        Is she really thinking about doing that?

              She really needs to see a therapist!

 

I don’t mind having the whole world

judge my writing

But when my family is reviewing it

I get tight knots in my stomach 

My Greatest Fear is..

If they think I’m going crazy..


© 2010 Shelby Baker


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The good and the bad.... I'm not very good at sugar-coating and I don't believe it helps.... I'll start with the bad.... Grammar is important, as is spelling. 'Toture', 'then' should be than and 'hole' should be 'whole' to name a couple. Little things really, but if you aspire to be published, those things could make the difference.

Okay, now the good, and there is good in it!! =) I think you give great insight into your inner thoughts and feelings. I really like the first paragraph. You portray yourself as being afraid, without being fearful.

Keep writing.... you've got something going on here =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

the only true insanity is sanity. people are the sum total of all they have interacted with throughout their individual lives. like marylin manson said: "...i was born in america- a land that hates me for what i am...i am YOUR s**t. you should be ashamed of what you have eaten."

Posted 14 Years Ago


alright, I think the concept of this poem is fantastic, I can totally relate. However, I do not get "poem" out of this. There is no rhythm. Now Im not one for rhyme and careful syllable structure, but for me a poem has to be more than line breaks. There is nothing in here that couldn't just as easily be a soliloquy. i would like to see it be it's full potential and, while i emphasize heavily with the idea, I am not captured by the words. Sorry I'm being harsh, you have a great voice, you just need to do what all writers strive for. A little editing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Its sort of funny in it's own way, you know? It's reeeeeeeeeally good though! It expresses your true feelings. I loved it! Awesome job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Exactly why my family has no idea that i write poetry here!
It is written in my last will so they can read everything;
then i won't care if they think I'm crazy!! haha

I can understand, totally.
Great Write with Truth!

Posted 14 Years Ago


such a great piece! I understand your fear - It is easier for me (though still a little hard at times) for me to let 'the world' read/review what I write than to have my family do that...

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Roy
Ahem! Have gone through this! My mom, fortunately, turns out be as crazy as myself: so she appreciates my work, but my Dad seriously thinks I've gone nuts! A grain of salt for all us 'weirdos' :P, though I don't mind being called one! Nicely conveyed!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a great piece. A few minor spelling and grammar mistakes (which I am going to assume were just typos) but overall still a well written piece. And in it you capture the feeling that everyone possesses - fear. It doesn't matter how many faceless people judge us on a daily basis, fear always raises its ugly head when someone we care about catches a glimpse into our innermost thought processes. Well done!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I think its definitely hard because you will have people that are wondering
what they did to make you turn out the way your writing turned out. I myself also worry about my family analyzing every thing that ever happened to me.
There are also fears of my close ones feeling guilt for not noticing "things that happened to me". They may think everything is real in our writings and try to fix us. There is also the disappointment in our opinions that could potentially hurt them. This was a really honest look into the mind of a writer. This poem has suspense and that kept me interested. I had no idea what was coming. You did a great job of making a great poem out of an idea that is so overlooked. The only bad thing about this poem is that it ended. You made a beautiful statement.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Well stated! I think as a writer we all stop and think about what our closest family and friends will think of us.
You have certainly done an excellent job of revealing your concerns.
I like the way you presented some of the normal/average fears in the beginning, and then led into yours.

Posted 14 Years Ago


MY GREATEST FEAR - IS THAT YOU MAY NOT COME BY AND CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE!!!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR BOLD DARING PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF TO LIGHT UP OUR MARQUEE AT: thepoeticminds.com (poetry, literature and dreams)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4484 Views
85 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on January 22, 2010
Last Updated on January 22, 2010
Tags: Family, Fear, Real, Writing, poems, stories

Author

Shelby Baker
Shelby Baker

Ware, MA



About
center> [~]Shelby Ace Baker [~] May 21 [~] Massachusetts [~] Smart & Witty [~] Sarcastic on occasion more..

Writing