Welcome to Pardise City

Welcome to Pardise City

A Chapter by Jasmine S. Edwards
"

From humble beginnings to a metropolis; Paradise City.

"


?/?/?


Entry- Even



It was so far away from any from other civilizations that the grass was greener, the air was cleaner, the water was crystal clear and the sun always shines with just the right amount of clouds in the sky. This once uninhabited spot is nestled between the Green mountain range and the Verde sea on three sides-a peninsula. For the longest time, people would never settle there because they wanted to preserve the regality of the scenery. Many would fish at its many beaches or camp out on the mountain range, but they were only daily trips. As soon as sunset came and before it could set, this place fell silent to all but the cricket chirping and the frogs croaking. The season would change-attracting different people to this place where they could ski or snowboard, build mile high piles of leaves from the vast number of trees or pick fresh flowers to spruce up their own home’s decor. Hmmm, maybe that’s where it started or maybe even with the fishing- it’s only natural for human beings to use a water source to its fullest potential.


            Beyond the mountain range, there are a couple settlements, maybe even more than we know, but the ones close by needed some more room. For what you might wonder- for sprawling estates, what else. The richest families on the Green Continent wanted an area to call their own that’s secluded enough that they can carry out their orders and protect their wealth in an enclosed environment that wasn’t closed off to the rest of their world. A few of these families relocated to this place and enjoyed their privacy. And when I say a few, I mean a few. The family who founded this “Hidden Continent” generations ago was the Rafale` family who happens to be the richest family on both the Green and Hidden continents. They were the ones who opened up this place to the curious and the rich. Even though they “discovered” this place, they were not one of the first families to settle here. The two families that did were the Wise and the Ivanov. They are the ones who took this sanctuary of nature and turned it into a sanctuary for man.


            At first, Paradise City was just a small college town where people from all around came to get a professional degree. All there was were little houses, small apartment complexes and buildings for training for specific jobs. There was a restaurant, science laboratory, office building, gym, hospital, fire station, police station, town hall, art gallery and warehouse as well as a grocery store, library, a hair salon and spa. The first mayor or I guess president of Paradise University was the great-grandfather of Imhotep Ivanov, Demetrius Ivanov. Later in his “reign” he began to realize that schooling takes time and the students are starting families while still in school. He decided to start a large-scale remodeling of Paradise University. He began to construct high-rise apartment complexes as well as parks and schools for the children at first and then teenagers when he realized that people were here to stay. With the population growing more buildings for schooling needed to be created as well as places for entertainment and leisure. Public pools and hang-out spots were built. A movie theater was designed by the Rodriquez family, the architects of Paradise University. Of course most of the places were named after the Ivanov but the Rodriquez had their own claim to fame.


            Decades later we call it, Paradise City, but it has truly become a metropolis. Along the north end where the mountains lie is the city where most of the entertainment venues are along with sky high apartments usually for the younger adults as well as corporations, a science facility, and many department stores. To the west lies the richer of the two suburbs with their up-scale restaurants, shops, private schools, university and graveyard. To the east lies a smaller town-like suburb with homes ranging from family homes and beach houses to starter homes and even mobile homes. Many corner stores, gas stations and small parks are spread out throughout this area. Between the two suburbs is town hall/courthouse (number two actually because the urban part has its own town hall) the hospital, police and fire stations as well as other small businesses. To the south of the main land lies a small island that has been connected to the main island by a bridge. This is where all the “celebrities” reside in their private gated community with their zoo that houses their exotic pets and many community gardens to off-set the stench of their natural ways.


In the time of Imhotep’s father, Vladimir Ivanov, was mayor he hired the March Family Duo, Naima and Malechi to enlist workers for the construction of new entertainment venues. The March family is well known business tycoons duo who has been working with the Ivanov family since the time of Vladimir’s father age. They run the business school and Paradise City Business Corporation. This couple were pretty successful at such a young age (early 20’s) and are best friends with Imhotep who is just a little bit older than them. Naima and Malechi assigned Gage and Pepita Mills to be in charge of all the technical aspects of the project. For such a large scale project there are bound to be problems but one of this magnitude was not expected. In the last stages of building these clubs and bars, while trying to get the wiring for electricity finished, a massive power outage occurred and all fingers pointed to the Mills. For months the city was without power and fixing this problem was very costly. The Mills were fired from their position and all the credit for the work went to Naima and Malechi. Sadly for them, they weren’t the cause of the power outage. What really happened is that Paradise City- the Green Continent was visited by outsiders. These outsiders were from another planet and were sent on a mission in which they have already forgotten about. The two “aliens” that landed in the mountains surrounding Paradise City were Terra and Dilan Paladin, from the planet Paladin. They thought they would have a hard time blending in with their yellow eyes, purple-pink skin, silver hair, small angel wings, long nails and near-nudeness of their appearance; they soon came to find out that it wouldn't be as hard as originally thought.


            The families of Paradise City are far from the ordinary. This is a place where people from all over congregate.  Some homes are put together while others are in pieces, many have parents, many are orphans, and many have only one parent. Most are normal, but there are a growing number of mutations diversifying the races of the inhabitants: humans, super-humans called Androids, vampires, werewolves, aliens, a new breed of humans that I created -Angemon. Most are human though and most are not freaked out by the ones who are not. They have been accustomed to them for some time now- an interest in their existence is growing, which takes us to the main reason for why Paradise City was founded. It was established as a large-scale experiment hidden behind the mask of a seemingly innocent population. But this place is far from innocent or tolerant. In a city that never sleeps on a continent where the stop light is always on green; people never stop migrating, genes never stop flowing, mutations are occurring…but what about natural selection? This has yet to be seen or maybe it is just beginning or it has always been occurring.  I need to stay here longer to see what will happen in this city and not only this city but this continent as well…no, this planet.





© 2014 Jasmine S. Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

576 Views
Added on August 30, 2014
Last Updated on August 31, 2014


Author

Jasmine S. Edwards
Jasmine S. Edwards

Rochester, NY



About
College student who loves to write in my free time :) Always looking for inspiration and a good story to read. I write what comes to my mind or my takes on stories unfinished. My smart phone, a pen a.. more..

Writing