The love timeline

The love timeline

A Story by Shikha Srivastava
"

Since generations, love has only evolved affectionately, and technically as well.

"

Since generations, love has only evolved affectionately, and technically as well. Eros has seen the love affair of men and women of many eras; he can be sure the way they met and found love was completely unique in different generations and will continue to evolve. Perhaps the innate human desire for genuine intimacy has always prevailed, here, let us see the magical journey of love from the ages of our great grand-fathers, till date, i.e., from ‘ghoonghats to virtual reality.’


The great love story of our great grand-parents

(The 50s and before: The Silent Generation)

If you are lucky enough, then you must have heard the story of how our great grand-parents got married from themselves only. If not, then we take the privilege of sharing the same with you. It was the time when the people getting married were not allowed to see each other, leave alone talking. And yet the love flourished from beneath the ‘ghooghat,’ keeping the foundation for a strong family bond. No expectations, no fancy gifts but only true love.


Chai ka tray

(The Early 60s: The Baby Boomers)

Then came ‘Chai ka tray’ period! It was your grandparentsgeneration, when the girl was judged by the way she walks, talks, smiles, and cooks. The boy, on the other hand, was measured on the salary scale, the degrees he holds and the financial background of the entire family (tau ji, chacha ji, mama ji .. all included). The true love not only blossomed but flourished only after marriage!


College romance

(The 80s: Generation X)

The generation after the “Chai ka tray generation saw the boom in college romance. Even the Bollywood Blockbusters featured innocent love with much fanfare and romantic songs in that period. Now the love was drawing its own boundaries, ring-fencing the love birds in its beautiful world.


Live-in relationships

(The 90s: Generation X Reloaded)

Giving more importance to their career, the “college romance” generation gave marriage a backseat and decided to move forward in life, living under one roof but not abiding by the institution of marriage. These doting couples wanted to know more about each other before the final commitment. The only thing they were sure of was the love that they have for each other.


Dating apps

(The Post Millennials: Technocrats)

And now the digital world has started gripping millennials seeking love in its strong arms. With the advent of razor-sharp technologies, finding the soul mate has also taken the latest and modern route. When the market is flooded with apps for all your needs, there are apps for finding a perfect date too. Technology is now helping people suffering from love drought to find a perfect match.


Hologram dating

As if there are very few humans left on earth for technology to find a perfect match for you, that engineers have developed Hologram baes. Mr. Akihiko Kondo was much in the news for marrying a hologram of virtual reality singer Hatsune Miku.


Now, the choice is up to you, whether you want to date a bae with flesh, bone, blood and a beating heart or a hologram or a robot; the team at TogetherV is here to make the perfect arrangements for that special date over a dazzling candlelight dinner . To �" Get �" Her is not difficult anymore!

 

 

© 2019 Shikha Srivastava


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

13 Views
Added on October 10, 2019
Last Updated on October 10, 2019
Tags: couples, couple goals, relationships