Waiting To Forgive You

Waiting To Forgive You

A Poem by Shivam Murari
"

The poem about my depressing friendship with someone who was never my friend but would say that he is my "best friend".

"

 




Waiting To Forgive You



Curves, black, red and pale

Every letter written on your school bag

All the words go stale.

Weren’t those written by our friends on the last day

With the colourless markers of age

They are all there, stuck in my head

Like stunning words from a different language.

 

But the leaves shed off

The peaceful blue sky turned grey

The even red turned rough

Where is the hope, where is the ray?

 

I still have the memories of you and me

Our friendship that looked all so true

I still have bells in the back of my head

Believe it or not, I’m waiting to forgive you.

 

Those classes in which we sat together

You taught me hi-fives

And raps of Eminem, I gather.

Remember the drama with your ex-girlfriend?

And the trust that you never had on me?

And when she left you for a new boyfriend

“Warned you long ago, didn’t I, really?

 

I still have the memories of you and me

Endlessly insulting her, until apart, we grew.

I still remember the 12th of December, when you said “Who’re you?”

But believe it or not, I’m still waiting to forgive you.

 

You trusted me at the last

You came to me, only when you needed.

So here’s this poem as the blast.

Remember how you changed your seats

Was I really that awkward, you adamant?

You had better friends, I understand,

So why did you do the drama of being the best confidant.

 

I still have the memories of you and me

And for all we shared as best friends, I just rue.

Betrayal and insult, is all I ever got.

But still, yes still, I’m waiting to forgive you…







© 2013 Shivam Murari


Author's Note

Shivam Murari
This is one poem which I wrote with extreme sad emotions. Yes, this is completely my story. Everything I and my 'best friend' did. I hope you could feel the heated and watery emotions of this poem.


The tune which might ring with this lyrical piece maybe:


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this poem was ever so sad and heartbreaking- really focused in on some unique images that come with the difficulty of friendships. especially in high school, relationships can become difficult and complicated, but it helps us learn because in the end we come out knowing who was true and right and who was not. although this may have been sad, i'm sure you learned from it! this was a great piece, your anger and sadness transcended and i love the repetition that you use. good job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shivam Murari

10 Years Ago

Yes exactly, great poetess. We, in the end, know, who is wight! And I learned really A LOT from this.. read more



Reviews

The poem is all SO painful. Every word, every letter, in fact! gives me immense heat of agony! You are just getting better and better with every poem! Great write!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shivam Murari

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Kit! Your words make me feel ever better :)
Kitbit

10 Years Ago

Your poem is indexed in Google! Hadn't I said this is your best work?
Shivam Murari

10 Years Ago

You came back to read it, that in itself proves that the poem is good! :)
Thank you so much. :.. read more
The poem! It makes me cry! It is like you have just narrated my story. The parting of a betraying friend! What could be worse or good perhaps. It is better if they get away than hang with us and keep pestering and nauseating us! A very good write.
The music is so wonderful! Plane and dim :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shivam Murari

10 Years Ago

As you name depicts! I'm glad I have someone with whom I share my pain :)
Impressive poem

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shivam Murari

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Ency :)
Shivam, it takes a special type of person and personality mix to be life long friends. As with any type of relationship, people grow and change. Sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. If you can't grow and accept those changes together, than different paths are taken. Often as we take the road without them, hurt and resentment start the trip with us.

It is never easy losing someone you care about and put your time and trust into. You have conveyed that pain very well in your words here. Extremely emotional piece.

Thank you for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shivam Murari

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading and expressing, great poet! I'm glad my emotions reached out to you :)
Oh, those fair weather friends! They are not good for the soul. Shivam, if this is personal...I wish you some peace with this. I have been there and it sucks. Angi~

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shivam Murari

10 Years Ago

Most of us have been to these rough terrains, Angi. Specially, we poets! I'm glad you could relate t.. read more
Some friendships are bridges to other things but they aren't built for the long haul. It doesn't make it hurt any less but it doesn't change the good times either it just makes them bittersweet. I'm sorry.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shivam Murari

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the condolence dear friend. :)
Very interesting, I like the way you start it at the bag with the writing from the last day of school like the moments many of us last see friends or feel close to friends. Plus the broken glass photo works well with it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shivam Murari

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Matt. I am glad you noticed the small details in the poem. Thank you :)
Love the way you've articulated the parting of ways regarding this once special friendship. Great use of all the pictures you chose to display for this fine write as well. Great work and keep penning on. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shivam Murari

10 Years Ago

Thanks a lot, Bpoet. I'm glad you liked my poem :)
Friendships, relationships,......all filled with feeling...give and take and forgivness....your words ooze of feeling for your lost friendship, sadness. Lessons learned, people burned, pages turned....the hard lessons of life. Excellent write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shivam Murari

10 Years Ago

Thank you , so very much, Carol, for reading an saying those beautiful words :)
Friendships are like every other kind of relationship - they take the effort of both parties. You told this story with a painful clarity. Don't wait to forgive any longer - do it, for yourself - whether he knows about it or not. Then, move on... Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shivam Murari

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for condoling Rita! I, of course, have moved on now! You all have given such beaut.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2150 Views
47 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on June 13, 2013
Last Updated on October 26, 2013
Tags: Forgive, Best friends, confidant, trust, cold, December, awkward, adamant, Eminem

Author

Shivam Murari
Shivam Murari

India



About
Shivam Murari is a student, currently aspiring to get into a good college. He loves to write poems, loads of them. He usually gets very random ideas, which he thinks are pretty cool, and in the proces.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~~ Vengeance ~~ Vengeance

A Poem by s y e