Experimental Insertion to a possible story plot

Experimental Insertion to a possible story plot

A Story by Katharine Eilene
"

Experimental insertion to a possible story plot

"

“That blinding light…” The old man clenched tightly to his crutch as he leaned on one side in thought.

I didn’t want to interrupt him, but I just had to know. “…You wouldn’t happen to know what it is do you?”  He stared strangely at me and I felt like I was reaching for a false hope.

“It was a mythical creature. A deity so sacred that only the purest of souls may see it’s true self. A monster so terrifying that you can never turn away…” He started to drift on in thought.

“Please tell me. What creature was it?” I just had to know. I was saved by this light, this hope. I must go and seek it out.

As he opened his mouth to tell me a most sacred secret, he clutched his heart with his right hand and fell to the floor. Everyone attending his retirement party swarmed around as I sat unmoving. I was so close. I had almost learned the truth. But I don’t believe that I ever will…

© 2011 Katharine Eilene


Author's Note

Katharine Eilene
Any ideas on what I can make with this?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

An epic or a satire. Or a good old-fashioned "story of the Supernatural". A hoax with a crime behind it... anything, enfin. These are all genre-ideas, each capable of endless branching and mingling and variance.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
1 Review
Added on January 17, 2011
Last Updated on January 17, 2011
Tags: experimental

Author

Katharine Eilene
Katharine Eilene

Indianapolis, IN



About
Oh my. Here I'm supposed to say what I'm like, who I am, and what you are probably going to want to know about me. It's not that easy. How about I just give you some random info? I'm a private.. more..

Writing