The Girls Under the Willow Tree

The Girls Under the Willow Tree

A Poem by Liam Riley

In the mid-summer heat of July, just before the sun rests for the night and the sacred moon takes over the sky dawns the most magical moment during the day. Underneath the only willow tree in the vast land of long golden grass lay two girls, entangled in their love. A soft warm breeze blows the grass down, blowing the scent of summer throughout the field. An orange sky made the tree seem to glow a very romantic array of lights illuminating the now darkening sky. The mountains in the distance protect the valley from the mechanical intruders of the city and the industrial era. Field mice yawn, and finish their days worth of building, eating, and sneaking and go off to slumber yet still lay the two girls under the shade of the tree and warm in the blanket of grass. ��������
��������
��������The copper haired girl lay with her back to the tree trunk, leaning against it with as if they were old friends from childhood, complete comfort. The other girl, shoulder length brown hair, had her head resting on the other girls lap. Her head moving up and down in sync with the rhythm of her breathing. Her hand resting on the thigh of the other girls and their feet tangled. Both eyes closed yet the have smiles on their faces as they sleep. With the sun just falling past the horizon the girls awoke from their nap and looked in each other's eyes. The green and brown fuse together dancing their love into each other's bodies. The only sound being the heartbeats of the girls, they breathe into each other's arms and cuddle closer realizing the now chilling temperature. Without a sound, or a word the girls shared an intense kiss. Gently touching the cheeks and the back of the neck the girls relaxed into one another and their lips glided on their faces. The kiss so passionate, tears rolled down their face as they hugged in a warm embrace. A kiss so loving, they're lips seem to be made for each other. When they pulled apart, they rested their foreheads together and smiled at the beautiful sight now engulfing their worlds. This was young love, unknown love, forbidden love. Yet, no matter who fought against them to cut them apart, they grew stronger and escaped to the world where they love each other and it did not matter they were both girls. As the night matured, the girls love intensified and not even the moon bothered their serenity. The moon moved towards its new destiny and the sun rose again to greet the earth, and the girls danced to the sunrise.

© 2009 Liam Riley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful.
I don't remember you writing this?

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
1 Review
Added on January 23, 2009
Last Updated on January 23, 2009

Author

Liam Riley
Liam Riley

Toronto, Canada



About
Im Liam. I have been writing since I could remember. Making up stories and characters all through my life, usually to help me through it. In a sense, my characters are my family, friends, and.. more..

Writing