What Can I Do?

What Can I Do?

A Poem by Liam Riley

What can I do to make you mine, how far should I go? I will run a thousand miles or swim across all the oceans. Is that enough to prove how much I want your love, your touch and companionship. I want to encase you in my love and never let you go. I want what we wanted not too long ago, have you forgotten? Are you mistaken over my friendship, and overlooking the passion between us. Can you hold your heart for a while, so that I can tend to it sweetly and softly when I arrive. What can I do to reincarnate the fire in your eyes when you look at me; the twitch of lust in your smile. Can I be proven by a test of strength, my muscles wrapped around your body feels so natural. Can I be proven by the sheer connection between us? You and I both know we spark together. What am I missing that causes you to hesitate, and second guess? I will speak another language for you, I will learn how to be everything you need. That is what I urge for, I want the opportunity to make you smile harder then anyone has before. I want your laughter in the morning and your sweet voice in the night, I miss everything I had once. I miss your hair, and how is felt in my face when we slept. I miss your rhythmical breathing that was so comforting to me. I miss those eyes that captivated my attention and I could never look away. Your smile is something of it's own, it's my most favourite feature on you. But mostly, I admire your riot like attitude, full of life and activity. My best memories are when you are in my thoughts, or when I was with you. Why can't you understand, why can't you want me? What am I missing? Who am I to you? Who am I to you?

© 2009 Liam Riley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on October 5, 2009
Last Updated on October 5, 2009

Author

Liam Riley
Liam Riley

Toronto, Canada



About
Im Liam. I have been writing since I could remember. Making up stories and characters all through my life, usually to help me through it. In a sense, my characters are my family, friends, and.. more..

Writing