As the Petals Fall (Chapter One) Perhaps...

As the Petals Fall (Chapter One) Perhaps...

A Chapter by Beka
"

Here's the first official story line chapter. I want to thank all of you, my reader's, for taking the time to read this. There are some variances from the actual plot of Bleach in this chapter so please expect some differences.

"

AS THE PETALS FALL

A Byakuya Kuchiki Love Story


For Disclaimer and Warnings please go and read the Character Info chapter: Introducing Kaida Matsu!...

Author's Note: Well would you look at that, I've actually gotten another chapter up in less than a week. I truly do hope that I can keep up with this story and that you, my readers, are enjoying it. Remember that although rates and reviews are not needed, I welcome them along with criticism. Please no flames, I understand that some things aren't perfect and I know that English not being my first language is not an excuse.

Ja ne



Chapter One: Perhaps...

Kaida clenches her teeth against the arm-jarring blow delivered from Ichimaru Gin. Some distance to her left stands her Taicho, Byakuya, bleeding from the wound meant for Rukia. 'How dare he! How dare Ichimaru-Taicho harm him!' With a quick spin, Kaida slips under Gin's sword and around to his back, drawing her other half of Nori. 'Quickly now! Before he moves!' A slash up and blood splatters. Gin's ever-present fox grin faulters for perhaps a second as pain lances up his back from the penetrating cut. "Hmm it would seem ya are better then a sekikan should be. You should show more respect to your higher ups, ya know." Kaida's nearly falls to a knee as the Taicho's full reiatsu is released upon her. 'That's not enough to take me down.' Before she can move far a sword appears in her shoulder. "AHHH!!!" 'S**t that hurts. I forgot his sword extends.' Doing a careful roll, she dislodges the sword and shunpos to a safe distance. But not for long, Ichimaru appears in front of her, and soon all that can be seen is sparks and blurs as swords clash. 'I can't last much longer. I've lost too much blood already from fighting the ryoka. Please show up soon Taichos!' The two of them stand a distance apart, Kaida panting from over-exertion and blood-loss, Gin sweating slightly from being pushed further than he expected. 'Damn! I can't keep a large sight anymore. Taichos I need you.' Slowly, cautiously each shifts their weight, getting ready to move forward. Gin takes off first, heading straight towards Kaida. Before she can even move, Shinso begins to extend. "S**t." Kaida starts to side-step, but stumbles. Now straight in line with Gin's zanpakuto, Kaida clamps her silver eyes shut. A few seconds pass, then a clang resonates. "Relax now Kai-san. Everything is okay, now take a well deserved rest. You did very well." Opening her eyes, Kaida sees in front of her the kind 13th Squad Taicho, Jyuushiro Ukitake, and the perverted Taicho of 8th Squad, Shunsui Kyoraku. Matsumoto's zanpakuto keeps the former 3rd Squad leader in place. "You just love taking you time, don't you?" Is Kaida's only response before cautiously making her way over to the two Kuchikis. "Taicho! Kuchiki-Taicho, are you alright?" She stops a few feet away, hearing her Taicho speaking softly to Rukia. 'Perhaps...perhaps this will bring some good after all.' Turning around to give them privacy and keep an eye out for danger, Kaida watches as the three traitorous Taichos escape. 'I wish Taicho would allow himself to relax and speak like he was to Rukia. He looks so peaceful and even more beautiful.....I.....I don't feel so well.....' Kaida begins to wobble, imperceptible at first but quickly becoming noticeable to anyone who looks. In all the commotion that follows, only a few hear the quiet thump of Kaida's body as she falls to her knees, then to the ground. 'Maybe, maybe I pushed it too far......' Before she allows herself to be cradled in the darkness of unconsciousness, a few voices ring out. "KAIDA!!!"

Labored breathing is the first thing heard upon entering a room in the Squad 4 hospital. There in a medical bed under crisp white sheets is the third seat officer of the 6th squad. Bustling around her small form are the medics of Squad 4, all trying to achieve one common goal, keep Kaida Matsu breathing. "Taicho?" "Hai, Abarai?" "Matsu-chan.....She took care of one of the ryoka and held her own against Ichimaru?" In the same room as Kaida, the Taicho and FukuTaicho can be found also healing from wounds. "....Hai. Matsu-san was able to fend off one of the ryoka by herself and helped slow another down before showing up at the execution grounds." A long silence, with only the sounds of quiet footsteps and whispers of the workers disturbing it, as this little bit of information is digested. "I knew she was strong, but she did something even vice-captains have trouble doing....she will live, right?" The only answer to the red-haired FukuTaicho is silence. Not even a worker makes a sound. That one question has run through many members thoughts in the two days Kaida has been in Unohana-Taicho's care. With a stab wound to the shoulder, chest, thigh, and abdominal region, a slash near the base of the neck on the shoulder, and many other scrapes and bruises, Kaida's chances of surviving are not all that great. The sliding of the door brings the medics and the men out of their depressing thoughts. Unohana's gentle and quiet voice announces who just came in. "How is she doing today?" A medic grabs the clipboard of Kaida's daily health and quickly presents it to his captain. "Unohana-Taicho, she has yet to make any sign of waking soon. But her stats have gone up and her blood levels are quickly rising." A small sigh comes from the healing Taicho, whether of relief or sadness is anyone's guess. "So she is improving but not close enough to proper levels. Please, move aside so I may take a look at her." With ease Unohana begins to check over her patient. 'Matsu-san is actually healing faster than anticipated. She should be moving around in a week or so.' "She will be fine soon enough. Matsu-san has finally begun to stabilize, so I should be able to do more for her by the end of the day." A noticeable sigh of relief comes from Renji upon hearing his friend and third seat will be okay.

As the moon shines through a window, a moan of discomfort sounds from the mouth of Kaida. Eyes blink open, only to find black. 'I am still low on reiatsu. How long have I been out?' Haltingly, the third seat lifts an arm and rests it over her eyes. "It would seem you are awake." The quiet calm voice, that comes from the other side of the room, makes Kaida jump slightly. That one jolting movement brings a hiss of pain from Kaida. "Hai, Taicho." With difficulty, Kaida begins to lift herself into a sitting position, that is until a hand lands on her good shoulder and pushes her down lightly. Like lightning, the hand is slapped away and a senbon appears in Kaida's hand. "It would also appear your eye sight has yet to return." Realization dawns on her and quickly she apologizes. "Gomen nasai Taicho. I had not realized you had come that close." There is a pause, in which Byakuya takes the once in-a-lifetime chance to see Kaida almost completely vulnerable. 'Matsu-san is more fragile than she lets on. It is not often one would be able to see her like this.' "For you to be on alert when you are weaker than usual is to be expected. It is good to see that you are awake, it's been two weeks now." 'Two weeks?! I really did over use my reiatsu.' "I should be back to normal by tomorrow afternoon at latest, Taicho. Thank you for your concern." Another voice enters the conversation. "The whole 6th Squad is worried Matsu-chan." "I did not mean for this to happen..." "Oh come off it. It's not a bad thing and definitely not your fault." A smile pulls at the corner of her lips. "Thank you Abarai-kun." Quickly a hand covers her mouth as a yawn starts. "Get back to sleep. It is obvious that you are not completely well yet." "Hai, Taicho." She gets as comfortable as possible and slowly drifts back to sleep with her Taicho and FukuTaicho quietly watching over her.


Well here is the first official chapter. I know it's not the best, but it gets the story started at least. If you did not know where this started I can tell you now that it is part of season 3 episode 62. But this is one of the areas that slightly differ, so don't go looking for this exact happening, although I did try to keep it as close as possible. Below there are going to be some more translations and definitions for words that aren't commonly known.

Taicho- unit captain

FukuTaicho- vice captain

Sekikan- seated officer

Nori- belief

Shunpo- flash step

Shinso- 'divine spear' this is Gin Ichimaru's zanpakuto's name

Ryoka- souls that enter Soul-Society without proper guidance of a shinigami; intruders

Hai- roughly means 'yes'

Gomen nasai- roughly means 'I am sorry!'

Reiatsu- spiritual energy/pressure

Senbon- a long, sharp needle type weapon



© 2009 Beka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
Added on April 28, 2009


Author

Beka
Beka

lala land (obviously not real but i live there)....., MA



Writing
Final Final

A Story by Beka


Wolven Prophecy Wolven Prophecy

A Story by Beka