The Evening Before

The Evening Before

A Chapter by Shubham

Well, the long wait for the picnic was finally coming to an end. It was just a matter of hours before the students would finally get to enjoy their wonderful picnic. 
   Sam too had done some preparations. As his needs were fewer, he had decided to prepare and get ready with all his necessities on the eve of the picnic itself. For the picnic, Sam had himself prepared cheesy-cheesy sandwiches which obviously included bread, cheese, some tomato slices, a layer of peanut butter, along with some pepper and oregano sprinkled in good amount. For this, he had a rare visit to the supermarket which of course needs no further introduction! He had more visits to the dentist than the super market as his mom never allowed him to go to the supermarket. It was so, because he used to mess up with the products he had to purchase. Once, Sam by mistake had purchased groundnuts instead of groundnut oil, red wine instead of red chili, peanuts and butter instead of peanut butter and much more. He even had thought that he will be on national television as he had watched himself on the screen located in the CCTV room. So, all in all he was pretty famous for his antiques in the super market and thus was allowed to go only on certain rare occasions on which if something disastrous happens, then only his taste-buds suffer. Along with the cheesy-cheesy sandwiches, he decided to take some ‘instant noodles’ packets which he thought would be ready to eat by the time they would reach the destination! Last but not the least as far as the edible things were concerned, he decided to make some lemon juice on his own for the picnic but later on had to scrap the idea and just carry some cold water as he forgot to bring lemons during his rare visit to the supermarket.
Along with these ‘delicacies’ he had to take some basic accessories with him for the picnic. The following things were included in his basic accessories list:-
·  Wrists watch to be only worn in his right hand.
·  Right converse shoe.
·  Left converse shoe which looks identical to the right one.
·  A small size cap, large enough to protect him from the sunlight, but not so large which prevents him from looking directly above his head! 
·  A similar cap, in case a monkey snatches away the first cap!
·  A handkerchief to play catch-catch alone, later on in the day.
           So, there was plenty which he had to take care off while going to the picnic and he had to do all this in just few hours. Sam never knew that his list of requirements would be this big. Hence, Sam panicked as usual. After that, with a lot of efforts, some constant praying and after getting several taunts and scolding, he was finally able to arrange everything. But in the process, he had forgotten one important thing, his BAG! So, after realizing this at the last moment, he finally decided to take his school bag itself. But it was really heavy at that time and it was full of books, answer sheets with remarks, his ‘lucky shirt’ from preschool, his diary and the pen of course and many other irrelevant things. He decided to just somehow turn the BAG upside down and remove all the stuff. Using all his might and saying some weird ‘Harry Potter’ Spell (which may not even exist in Harry Potter itself), he was able to pull of this Herculean task.
He was absolutely blown away by the sheer size of the stuff which came out of the bag. It was hill-shaped and probably was as large as an ant-hill itself. The next challenge was to now find out, his beloved diary and the pen from this whole pile of books and much more. After carrying out a ‘Search Operation’ he was eventually able to find his beloved stuff and the search operation was thus successful. So, once the bag was empty, one by one he started putting those things in the bag. But, he had to start again as by mistake he had put the converse shoes in the bag! So after repeating the whole process carefully this time, ensuring that the eatables as well as the accessories in the bag, he closed the chain of the bag with a big smile on his face, only to realize just after few seconds,  that he had forgotten to put his ‘I-CARD’. So, after an instance of ‘Happy realization’, he again had to go through the Herculean task of searching for that I-CARD, which actually had a lot of mistakes on it but again due to his shy nature, he never went to get it corrected. So, eventually, after the same amount of time as required for a T-20 game, he was ready for the wonderful picnic.
After some light dinner, pretty tired and jaded after the whole Herculean process, he finally went to his room, switched off the lights, and finally, within minutes went to sleep. 


© 2016 Shubham


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on May 17, 2016
Last Updated on May 17, 2016


Author

Shubham
Shubham

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India



About
Hi. I am Shubham Purandare. I live in Mumbai, India. more..

Writing
All about Sam All about Sam

A Chapter by Shubham


Preparation Preparation

A Chapter by Shubham