The Dancer

The Dancer

A Story by purplehead

How I feel right now is worth nothing to anyone and anything.. I always lived my life having to being alone and afraid of this giant world id soon have to battle.. I would never think that I would ever find someone to battle this world with.. But one day when I was hurting I found this boy.. Strange boy I'd never seen before.. Claims he was from the Netherlands which I had never heard of before in my life.. I had no other choice but to look this up.. Comes to find out it was a real place.. Interesting and beautiful place too.. At first i was trying to figure out how to dance, how to grow right, how to properly love.. Before I met him I kept stumbling on my feet and falling on the ground not knowing my lefts to my rights... But after I met him. It seemed like dancing was not so hard after all.. I was making it seem like it was hard when it wasn't.. Left foot, right foot, up and down.. I was trying to figure out how I was getting this so clearly all of a sudden. Why I was starting to dance so smoothly... Soo... Soo.. Amazing and in love.. With each step I took was each one Step he'd taken with me.. No one ever showed me how to dance so smoothly.. Everyone tried to teach me.. But I could never figure it out correctly.. But him.. He came and taught me every
Move and my body just listened to his every word.. It seemed like I was a puppet.. A puppet for his lovely words that he'd spoken to me.. And id listen.. With Each day that went by, my dancing became more and more amazing to the point where others wanted to dance with me.. And that made him jealous that I was dancing with others.. But he didn't understand that when I danced with others that he.. He was gonna be the main dancer that I'd only want to love and dance with for the rest of my life.. But since others seen how amazing I danced he thought they'd take me away from him.. I tell him..
"How?? " how could I want someone else's dance techniques when yours is the only one I know from head to toe? The only one I want to learn forever and ever? Yours is the only one I'd ever feel comfortable with.. He never thought so and told me to forget him and our love that we had.. He'd say "maybe if I was gone you'd learn how to dance with someone else and maybe even learn how to dance more better and more amazing than I could ever teach you".. When he left.. others came by and kept filling in her mind with dances that they wanted her to learn.. Dances that was just way to complicated for her to remember.. Right and left and left over right ? WHY CANT I REMEBER THE MOVES??! WHY IS IT SOO HARD ? And every single time she had to present the dance the only one she could do was the one that her old dancer had showed her.. She can't learn anything else.. Because the only one she felt comfortable with was the one he'd shown her.. The one where he'd touch her body to show her which positions that move had to be.. Slowly the dancers were leaving her left from right because those weren't the moves they wanted her to do.. But those were the moves that he taught her.. And so from that day only she danced to her death remembering his soft voice on her gently ears and soft skin.. She'd dance until she lost breath and died of a broken heart.. She danced until her death.. Because without him.. She was just a foolish dancer without her feet.

© 2017 purplehead


Author's Note

purplehead
tell me how you felt about it and tell me your thoughts and what this story made you think of. Btw ignore my grammar mistakes

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is amazing, well done. looking forward to reading more of your writing x

Posted 7 Years Ago


Wow, that was an amazing story. It is a little be sad though. Keep sharing more stories like that, I loved it. This story takes me back to high school when I made a mistake and lost the girl I love, life was a little be tougher after that.

Posted 7 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There were a couple corrections like.. "maybe even learn how to dance more better" and there's another one like that but I forgot what it was, somewhere in the beginning. Corrections aside, I'm not a fan of the way this story is told. First person narration. It is a weak way to tell a story. It could be a compelling and moving piece about love if the whole story was told in third person. The writing is weak, not compelling. It is good on a conceptual level but what would make the story real is if you gave something educational about dancing. it doesn't mention what kind of dance it is. These details and descriptions make the story much more real.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
3 Reviews
Added on April 11, 2017
Last Updated on April 11, 2017

Author

purplehead
purplehead

Pompano beach , FL



About
I'm 17 years old and I love bacon and romantic movies as well as scary movies.. One day I will have a part on changing the world more..

Writing