Normal school life

Normal school life

A Chapter by Shyguywrites
"

Just the calm before the storm

"

Arian: Loud rhythmic sounds of pure emd genius pours out of my headphones at full blast while I do some way to easy trigonometry work. I’m drowning out the rest of the world for a little while with one of my favorite pass times. It’s not that I hate everyone, I’m actually quite the people person, but sometimes it is quite nice to have some time with just me and some good music.

By this point my teacher Mrs. Helby has walked over, and is tapping my shoulder, i take off my headphones and look at her with my best Cheshire smile. Mrs.Helby is actually a pretty cool person all-round not just a cool teacher this is, something that you can just tell some thing that you can feel. I have had the pleasure of having her as my 10th grade teacher. She is kinda clumsy in an oddly “non-clumsy” way like her dropping a huge book on a student's toe has some higher meaning to it. Weird things are always happening in her class like the time a trio of birds flew right into her room and sat there perched as if they were just one of her students taking it all in .Yet this all made sense because she was kinda cooky. She is the only teacher I've had that not only lets us us call her by her first name but encourages it. “Respect goes both ways” she always says when, someone not used to her ways, would ask why this is so. so instead of calling her mrs.helby we all just call her Janet.

“I’m pretty sure whoever made that lovely hip song you're listening to right now is happy to know you enjoy their music because I'm sure wherever they are they can hear it right now”. Saying your music is too loud is simply not janet’s style ,she had wit and she liked to show it off whenever she could.

“Well, that is the plan. I want every one of my favorite artists to know that I am supporting them in some way” I say still sporting my Cheshire smile. This wasn't back talk just a game that our good old teach played with everyone,a battle of wits of sorts.

“Yea well it’s annoying and ‘support the artist’ HA I bet you downloaded that song illegally.” This is Mikey, he's a friend of mine probably the closest Thing to a best friend.

“No, it's off a well respected music streaming service” I say turning to him now.

“Yea right” Mikey was short and ginger not to the point of pale skin but he had some freckles. When I say short I mean about like 5.2 so really short. He was not super built but the shortness plus the muscles he did have made him look like he was way stronger than he actually was. Not to say he’s weak...just not strong. He was wearing his usual uniform of a long sleeved button up with the sleeves rolled up to half his arms length and stone washed blue jeans. This time the shirt was light blue

“Well nevertheless turn it down please, if you would like to permanently damage your eardrums that's fine but not everyone else’s”

“I got it sorry” I chuckled. This is not the first time this has happened, a teacher telling me to turn my music down. But Mrs.Helby is always nice about it

The rest of the day went by like any other, nothing exciting beside the huge excitement that I stored inside for after the school day was over. What was I so excited about you may be asking. Well after school there is going to be a huge tournament (actually it's the semi-finals) for one of the top played games in the world called mages:lost power and yours truly is one of the contestants .That is only a half of the excitement the other half is that there is some sort of “surprise”for the semi-finalist and the rumor is that it is exclusive content of their next game.

When school was out I walked calmly and casually out, got my bike, and cruised out for a little. Then when I was two blocks out I was as fast as those guys who do the Tour de France-I was there in 15 minutes. I would be even more excited and ... terrified if I knew that the next hour would change my life forever.


© 2016 Shyguywrites


Author's Note

Shyguywrites
I want anythoughts

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on July 14, 2016
Last Updated on July 15, 2016