Chapter1 Taylors POV

Chapter1 Taylors POV

A Chapter by Shyla Nicole


“Dad! Pull over!” I heard some guy shout. I cowered in fear hoping they wouldn’t try to kill me or worse.

    “There’s a person over there!” The same guy called. I heard footsteps come toward me.

    “Stay over there son!” A different man called. He gasped when he saw my face. I think I remembered him, he seemed slightly familiar, but everything was slipping away.

    “Taylor??” He asked I nodded confused to how he knew my name. “I’m going to pick you up okay?”  He told me as if I were a stray puppy. I tried to scramble to my feet but fell to the ground because of my numb legs.

    “Who is it dad??” The son asked.

    “Taylor, Taylor Black, You remember her?” The dad told him then focused his attention on me.

    “I’m not going to hurt you, okay, I’m a police officer-” he was cut off by who I assumed was his son when he ran straight over here.

    “Taylor, it’s okay were going to help you! Come on get to the car!” He said his voice full of grief and pity with a hint of exasperation.

    The police officer picked me up as put me in the back of his car, the son sat down next to me.  I was shivering and panting but and the heat stung against my skin.

    “Dad she’s blue! What am I supposed to do?” The son sounded exasperated. Wait I recognized that voice, I remembered him. The southern accent, everything was coming back.

    “Luke?” I croaked, my voice was hoarse and sounded nothing like it usually did.

 

    “Yes Taylor it’s me,” He said softly.

    “I’m tired,” I mumbled my eye lids drifting close.

    “No, we’re almost there! Luke do not let her fall asleep she might go into a coma!” The police officer demanded

    “Seth and Maggie.” I muttered remembering the police officers and his wife’s name.

    “Yes, my parents are Seth and Maggie Carson.” Luke reassured me. We quickly pulled up to a little cottage like house and Luke helped me out before rushing to the house.

    “Hello, what’s going on? Is she okay?? O my Taylor??”

Maggie gasped. Seth came in and gave her instructions on how to warm me up. She took set me by the fire and wrapped me in a warm blanket while I thawed. She took my clothes and led me to the bath that had been with warm water and bubbles, helped me out of the my clothes.

    “Taylor, I’m going to leave and bring you some warm broth, do not fall asleep you hear me??” She said with southern accent, full authority in her voice.

    I fought to keep my eyes open and soon, Maggie came in with some broth and a small sympathetic smile.

    “Luke is driving himself crazy wanting to know if you’re okay! He wanted to come up here and see for himself that you were breathing! It doesn’t matter how many times I tell him your fine,” she let out a small laugh and mumbled something along the lines of ‘he always had had it bad for you‘  but  I wasn’t so sure. “Are you feeling better?” She asked handing me the soup.  My mouth was full so I nodded.

    “Good, I have some clothes you can change into after your warmed up.” my toes were starting to prune and the water turn cold so I wrapped myself in a big fluffy towel and proceeded to the bed room.

 

    She had put down some navy blue sweat pants, and a couple sizes of jeans as well as some expensive looking shirts. I grabbed the sweat pants and a blue fitted top and walked down stairs.

    The second my feet hit the last step Luke was next to me making sure I was okay and asking me a ton of questions.

    “Are you okay? What happened?? Why were you in the rain? I thought you lived in Colorado Springs how did you get to Denver?? Is Lucinda okay with this? Did you get lost? What happened??”

    “Luke, you can interrogate her later.” Seth chuckled. My guard immediately went up. Don’t tell them anything. Keep to yourself, there only going to hurt you.  Survive. I reminded myself. It was the rule of life, the people who swear they won’t hurt you, are the ones that hurt you the most.

    “Well, thanks I have to go. Thank you again!” I chirped and began walking toward the door still a little wobbly.

    Luke grabbed my elbow. “Tay, don’t, don’t leave.” You left! I trusted you and you left me! I felt like screaming, demanding an answer and stomping my foot like a six year old.

    “I couldn’t -”

    “Uh, yea you could and you will.” Luke said with a sense of finality. Anger flashed through my eyes I hated being told what to do.

    “Please??” Luke begged. I looked to Seth who nodded and Maggie who mouthed please? As well

    “Fine” I huffed in defeat. Maggie clapped her hands excitedly.

    “Should we tell Lucinda??”

    “NO!! Please don’t!” I yelled surprising everyone including myself.

    “What happened?” I looked up at them before my head hung low. I can trust them I thought hopefully.

    “I ran away.” I couldn’t meet there curious gazes.

    “Why??” they all asked except Luke, he knew.

    “Can I trust you?” They nodded their eyes filled with curiosity. They looked at me with love, and I wanted to tell them the truth, but instead I did what I do best. I lied.




© 2013 Shyla Nicole


Author's Note

Shyla Nicole
sorry about spelling /grammar, what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on June 9, 2013
Last Updated on June 9, 2013
Tags: cold, numb, run, runaway, leaving, taylor


Author

Shyla Nicole
Shyla Nicole

United Kingdom



About
I am a girl. I'm a teen. I love reading, writing, sports, music, and Dr. Who :) more..

Writing
Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Shyla Nicole


CHAPTER  4 CHAPTER 4

A Chapter by Shyla Nicole