Is it worth it?

Is it worth it?

A Story by Sicarius
"

is it worth it to be a real hero?

"

“EVERYONE FREEZE” I stood paralyzed. There were 6 of them in masks, And about 13 of us, including the 3 bank tellers.

“FILL THE BAG B***H!” one of the screamed at the poor blonde teller. He said throwing a burlap sack at her, while pointing a 35. mm gun at her. The others did the same.

“yes sir” she stuttered.

“all of you get  to the far wall!” another one ordered. He must have be the leader of this gang. I should have known that online banking was safer. As we are being ushered to the far all I can hear one lady

“Dear lord Jesus, help us in our time of need-“

“-SHUT UP B***H!” another one of them shouts, they are waving their guns around.

Suddenly there are faint sirens in the background growing louder.

“WHICH ONE OF YOU F***S PULLED THE ALARM!!” it’s the leader again. He’s panicking. He grabs the blonde from earlier by her hair. He threw her against the wall with the rest of us.   The sirens  are getting closer.

“WE have to get out of here!” the leader shouts

“It’s too late!” curses one of the masked men.

“You said this wasn’t going to be a hostage situation” it’s a female voice. She’s the closest to me.

“THINGS CHANGE! GRAB THAT ONE” he point to an elderly lady. She’s crying.

“NO!” I scream “take me!” I say it before I can think about it. I don’t know why I did it.

Everyone pauses and looks at me. I’m nothing special not overly big or threatening in anyway.

“Whatever!” the leader says.  The tallest one of the gang has his gun to my head. 

“go out front and show em’ what we got” I’m being pushed to the front of the building.

“you three!’” he points to the masked people with the bags of money. “get ready to run to the car”

All 7 of us are at the front of the bank now. Before we get out the door.

“F**k! My captor yells” I grabbed his gun out of his hands.

“He’s got the gun!” one of the robbers shouts as I hear the female voice again crying and screaming in the background. I point my gun at the leader.  The 3 with the money bags run out side. I shoot and get 2 of them in the legs and one on the shoulder. They are down screaming and crying. The police are coming in but it’s too dangerous. I turn on the other 3 and peg 1 of them in the pelvis, and 1 in the shin. It’s not just me and the leader.  The police are standing outside. The situation is too delicate. His gun on me mine on him.

“drop it”  I say with more confidence then I have. He put his gun down. I relax a little. He walks towards me and the police start coming in. There is something unnerving about the look on his face. he’s about to be arrested when I hear a gunshot followed by a blood curtailing scream. Someone has been shot I turn to look around at the other hostages.

“GET THE MEDICS” an officer screams.  Then I realize the pain in my abdomen. It’s me. I’m dying.   

I drop to the ground. dead. 

© 2013 Sicarius


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on August 31, 2013
Last Updated on August 31, 2013
Tags: Hero

Author

Sicarius
Sicarius

Canada



About
I enjoy reading and writing, I haven't written much and am very shy to let others see it. so please be kind. more..

Writing