Ordinary

Ordinary

A Chapter by SideCharacter
"

Alexis starts a journal and takes a breif walkthrough of daily life

"

A thanks to my good friend, GhostlyAuthor, for this story. I told you I would be keeping a journal.

Also, thanks to Jessica, Jade, Laurel, Amy, Liz, Alex, Mattie, Arthur, and everyone else - wherever you are.

 

As reader, you can choose to believe this story as fiction. I wouldn't hold it against you - I thought it was fiction, too. Those of you who are apart of this story, or ones like it, please speak up. I need all the help I can get.

 

- Months ago, a short girl with long blond hair lounges on her bed, writing her first entry of a soon to be very long journal -

 

To be completely honest, I have no idea why I'm writing this. Maybe I think it'll get me used to writing again, maybe I just want something as a document of my time on Earth - one that's not on my computer. I've got to stop relying on that thing... Anyway. The idea of this jornal came to me last night. I was just too lazy to actually get up and turn on the light just so I could write. I mean, come on - I was half asleep and curled up when I thought of it. What do you expect me to do?

Well, I'm writing now, and that's what matters, right? Ugh, it doesn't help that my hands are so sweaty whenever I do this. Maybe I should start wearing gloves... but I don't have any money... damn.

Oh, right, journal. Um, I'm sort of on vacation right now - I haven't had to write anything in ages! Even the little sore spots on my thumb have gone! Off topic. I'm on vacation, but it doesn't really start until this Saturday, when we head off to a rented vacation home in the mountains!

I'm kinda hoping that this trip is out of the ordinary though... even if my future self is cursing this entry with all her heart. In that sort of position, who wouldn't?

I've been thinking about the past lately - friends, enemies, goodbyes... and I've noticed something. Despite all the good times stored in my memory of all these people, I can never recall how I met them. I don't know if I should be worried about that or not. It seems common, but I've only talked to my best friend Jessica about it... and she is Jessica, so...

Well, my friends are weird. What can I say? I'm in the 'natural born misfit' sort of social circle, but I'm doing pretty well with it. It's amazing what a friendly greeting can do to your connections.

My room is still a mess, by the way. Just saying.

Aw, crap, now my legs have gone numb. I'm putting too much thought into this.

Pins and needles... ah...

Most of my day consisted of boring 'paranormal' television and fanfiction.

That's all for today, I guess. Now off to my funky, anime obsessed dreams... fun.

- Ocean

 

- Weeks later -

 

Ugh, stupid highschool, making me all stressed! Grr... the school had us freshmen come in one week early to 'mingle'. I don't do 'mingle'. And then afterwards comes my parents, completely unfazed by the huge school and intimidating teachers, and bothering me about what style sweatshirt I want. Actually making such a big deal about a sweatshirt, when they could have just ordered the one I freaking handed to them and said 'I want this one'. Oh no, things are just not allowed to be that simple.

News flash - I DON'T CARE. No one should care what they look like! It's notlike we're going to look back at these years about twenty years from now and remember exactly how someone looked, or dressed, or what their zits looked like. Get over yourselves and move on, people.

In other news, Lauren tried to assasinate me with water balloons. And failed. Miserably. Even when I actually stood still and gave her a free shot (because she was soaked from my own ammo, and getting really pissed off, so I felt bad) she just couldn't hit me. In the end, she actually had to walk over and break a balloon over my head. It was really funny. She dyed her hair again over break - from her natural orange, to mousey brown, and now to a really bright purpleish red. But anyway, we gave each other a lot of hugs before and after our little match. It was great to see her again.

- Ocean

 

My last hours of weekend freedom were not taken by my computer, but by my parents.

I found that mean. We all know that I will get grounded eventually - really, we all know this. I've managed to get myself in trouble within a week of starting school. It's going to happen, and when it does, bye-bye computer for the rest of the quarter. Why do they think I've been on it this whole time?

Mike lives on computer.

Mom lives on her phone.

I live on anime.

Among us, I think Siri is the healthiest one. She actually tries to play and run around while the rest of us are addicted to technology. Even that might be changing soon.

It's sad, really.

Anyway, freshman year starts tomorrow! I get to see Jessica and Lauren again! All my friends... plue Ben.

Still having mixed feelings about that.

Come to think of it, I miss Tommy.

- Ocean



© 2013 SideCharacter


Author's Note

SideCharacter
Time skips are completely nessesary for this, unfortunately. Otherwise, things would get very boring.
Flame if you wish.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

When are you going to update?

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 21, 2013
Last Updated on February 21, 2013


Author

SideCharacter
SideCharacter

LikeI'mTellingYou, NC



About
You want to know? Wow, um, okay. Well, I live somewhere in Amercia - the landmass, not Alfred F. Jones - and I am pretty much what my display name describes. A side character. Not really the main focu.. more..

Writing