Stagnant

Stagnant

A Poem by Sierra Erway
"

Arguments get bad if you bottle things up.

"
"How do you love me?" he says again, after all this time..
"Not enough, I guess.." I reply in a solemn whisper..
"I'm already gone, you know.. I have been for a while." he says in a hollow tone..
"...I know..." I say as I choke back tears..
He gets up, puts on his shoes, and walks out the door...
"I'm sorry!" I say in a sob, falling to my knees,
"Please come back... You're supposed to be mine!!"

© 2016 Sierra Erway


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow... short yet powerful ...
Summarized quite nicely... says everything about an argument between just woman and a man... and I don't believe that a lack of confidence has anything to do with it ... just seems like a tired and weary relationship .... that needed time to breathe figure out what they truly want ... and to reflect on where things went wrongly... and to learn from it ... and grow past it ..

This is what I expirienced within reading ...
Then again my mind travels a bit sometimes when reading hehe
Don't mind my reviewing ... I'm just a bit different in thought travelling ... :')

Posted 7 Years Ago


Short and heartfelt, but a tad sad and pathetic (in the dictionary definition of the word).

Your character's desperation is the voice of a soul who has little in the way of self-esteem or self-respect. It sounds to me that she is better off without 'him' if he needs her constant reassurance of her love.

Or maybe I'm just reading more in to this than is actually there! :-)

Posted 7 Years Ago


If you bottle your emotions up for too long, in an argument, you can word things so differently than you rehearsed. You end up saying things you don't mean & losing that person forever...I'm sorry for how this happened, but this write is so powerful & true to how arguments can turn out.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

a tale of the wife who believed in everlasting love, after the baby comes,this is the real test
for that husband,dad

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 17, 2016
Last Updated on July 17, 2016

Author

Sierra Erway
Sierra Erway

NY



About
My name is Sierra. I have been through alot of sh*t and found writing to be my best outlet. My writing has alot to do with sadness and the inability to properly cope with life. I write about expirienc.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


comrade comrade

A Poem by mercy party