Under The Sunset

Under The Sunset

A Story by Alicia™
"

It's a love story, baby just say yes

"
Gabby stood on the beach, and the wind whipped her light brown hair across her face. She sighed and closed her eyes, breathing in the warm, salty air.
 
A pair of arms wrapped around her slender waist and hugged her closer to his  body.
 
“Hey sweetie,” said Damien, his breath warm against her skin.
 
“Hey…” she said in reply, hugging his arms though they enclosed her. “Tonight is beautiful, isn’t it?”
 
“It sure is. It’s perfect.”
“Mmm…”
 
And beautiful it was. The sun was setting, and what was left of it’s brilliant rays shone across the ocean and made it glitter. The surrounding clouds looked pink to the light, and a seagull flapped it’s wings as it flew back where it belonged.
 
“Want to come for a walk with me?”
 
Damien unwrapped his arms and held out a hand.
 
“Sure,” replied Gabby, putting her small hand into his rather large one.
 
He took her along the coast, seemingly just wandering around. She watched the sand beneath their feet, and wondered how old it was. Surely sand didn’t come and go daily. The tiny tan grains felt soothing as they slid between her toes.
 
They came to a halt when they arrived at some massive rocks, blocking the way.
 
“Close your eyes.”
 
It was more of a command, than a mere statement, and Gabby did what he bid her to.
 
“Where are you taking me to?”
“Shh. Listen.”
 
She tilted her head to one side in confusion, but listened anyway.
 
Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone
I’ll be waiting, all that’s left to do is run
You’ll be the prince and I’ll be the princess
It’s a love story, baby just say yes…
 
“It’s our song,” she whispered, remembering the night they’d first met. It’d been at a friend’s party, and they’d danced to this song.
 
He slowly removed his hands from her eyes, and through his fingers she saw the roses that enchanted the beach.
 
“Damien,” she started. “Why?”
 
He knelt down in front of her, and reached into his back pocket, pulling out a little black box.
 
“Gabby May Jillard, I promise to love you every day of forever with my life. You’ve brought new meaning to my life, and a new reason to wake up every morning. Will you please marry me?”
 
Marry me, Juliet, you'll never have to be alone
I love you and that's all I really know...
 
Damien opened the little box and showed a ring that was both intricate, yet simple.
 
Tears filled Gabby’s eyes as she struggled to find an appropriate answer. His face – his beautiful face – surrounded by the sunset, his eyes a breathtaking shade of hazel, glistening. How could she refuse this angel?
 
“Yes, Damien. Yes! Of course!”
 
A smile immediately came on his face as he stood up to put the ring on her finger. Once it was on, his lips pressed into hers passionately.
 

© 2009 Alicia™


Author's Note

Alicia™
This isn't exactly based on Taylor Swift's song Love Story, but it isn't exactly a normal short story, either. Call it whatever you want, I guess.

Sorry about the kissing scene. I seem to be getting worse at them every single day.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I know the song it so beautiful and your poem

Posted 13 Years Ago


never heard a Taylor swift song (though i know shes popular) so its compleatly new to me theres nothing really wrong with the kissing scene because its at the end. if it was in the middle though you should probably describe it more you could here too but the wrong wording could ruin the ending.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Haha dont be. I think it was a wonderful way to end the story. Loved it. =]

Posted 14 Years Ago


ASDFGTHJKL;
SO romantic :'D

Posted 14 Years Ago


I loved it! The connection to the song was romantic and wonderful. The scene at the end was good,simple. I agree though it could use a bit of work. All the same great piece!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 23, 2009
Last Updated on October 5, 2009

Author

Alicia™
Alicia™

Where dreamers reside



About
Hello, everyone! I don't think I really need to say my name, but I love getting to know people, so feel free to leave me a message. One thing though: please don't send me read requests for books or.. more..

Writing
Galaxy Galaxy

A Poem by Alicia™


Beyond You Beyond You

A Poem by Alicia™