sun night rise

sun night rise

A Story by anna
"

A story about a girl's brother dying and much more

"

The flashing red lights blaze through the black still night. People gathered around my brother and me. Red ooze covers the gray concrete, staining it. My brother lays there motionless on the ground, my legs going limp, making me fall to my knees. I hear nothing, only see the corpse of my bother laying there unconscious not replying to my cries of desperation for awaking.

                Not even realizing that I was crying, suddenly a pair of hands pulls me back gently, making me snap back into reality. I see my brother’s body that is on the ground becoming smaller and smaller as the paramedics drag me away and as they drag me away, I scream, calling to my brother wishing this was a bad dream, but this was no dream. Strapping my brother to a bed, is all I see before he totally engulfed by people, and off to the distance, I hear sirens and the engine howling through my ears and fade off to the distance. I look at the spot where 10 minutes ago my brother and I were walking, but suddenly change to full hit collision by a car that hit my brother. He has saved me but has also doomed me as well. If he goes, then so will I. I am now left in this a world alone, my brother ran away with me when I was four and we escaped to a new life together, but my new life shall start alone, in this dark unknown world.

                Looking up, my vision slight blurred from the puffiness of my eyes from crying, seeing a womanly figure coming closer to me. I could not make out whom this person was, but feeling a pair of thin, long arms wrapping around me pulling me into a hug, whispering to me in a chilling but sweet tone voice “Rachel honey… It is I, Jacob’s mother… I saw the whole thing, honey… the medics are trying to do everything that they can...Be strong… I am not going anywhere; I am staying right here with you.” I could not reply, but I accepted her hug back with a tight squeeze and putting my head in her slim, bony shoulder letting the tears fall on the cotton of her purple shirt, making a damp spot. My heart throbs of hurt and sadness, feeling it cannot get grip on reality, and starting to rip to shreds. Jacob’s mother is a small woman, very frail but very strong and caring. She has brown wavy hair that falls down right on her shoulders, she wears a purple long shirt, plain pattern with buttons running down the middle with pair of blue jeans and some tennis shoes. She has wild green eyes that glitter with the stars. Her full name is Jessica Ruth. Jacob is a friend at my high school that I go to in Salt Lake City. I have known them for a very long time, but I am glad she is here with me, I know I am not alone in the world but having your bother possibly gone forever, crumbles me down and buries me under the earth’s cold ground. I break the hug and I look up her with my stoned grey eyes, mixed in with red. I said with mumble, trying not to choke on my words I look at her straight in the eye “can you drive me to Henna’s hospital...?” She puts her soft hand on my wet check rubbing away the fresh new tears that were flowing down my face, her face sadden up a bit and looked at me for reassurance that I was ready to see or hear the worst. Bust in a moment in silence she shook her head very slow up and down making out a yes.

                Henna’s hospital belongs to one of my classmate’s dad. My classmate, I did not know him much but I knew his name was Eli, I had a crush on him while back but my friends would warn me not to get close to him. He was a mysterious and secretive but I know that was kind of an image. He is tall, about 6 ft.; he has black spiked hair, not into a Mohawk but just rough looking hair but it fit him. He has chocolate brown eyes and he always wears a scowl. I know little about him but I know his mother died and he has two little sisters who are twins and their names Karin and Shay.  We walk over to Jessica’s little white boxed car that is parked across the street. I silently walk over to the passenger’s side waiting for the sound of the beep to know that the car is unlocked. As Jessica fiddles around for her keys, I see my reflection in the car’s window with the moons light glowing on my brown straightened hair. I see my face that is stern and filled with pain, sadness, and a loss of hope. My grey eyes glitter like sparkles because their filled with tears, I imagine my brother standing right behind me, with his black hair and blue eyes glowing in the moon light telling me that “everything is going to be alight, Rachel…” His voice said in a deep reassuring voice and it continued, “If I do part from this from this earth to night, I do not want you to blame yourself, I want-“

 *Beep…* …. *Beep* the cars unlocks and bring me out of the daze and the image of my brother slowly fades to nothing. I look around knowing that he is not here, I have a sharp pain that comes across my chess knowing I would see/hear the hard truth soon, but I would have to come face to face with it eventually. I reach out my hand to grab the handle of the car and I swung it out gently and stepped in. On the driver’s side the door opened and here came Ruth in with a sadden smile, she did not say anything to me but I got the message saying everything will be okay sweetie. I hear the engine roll; I look out, staring at the spot where my brother stood, memories flooding in my mind. Back when I was little, my brother had told me that my parents would neglect me and he would take care of me instead. He said it was enough and ran away; but when I turned four, we hopped on a train and started our new lives. I do not remember much of back then, but then when I came into a new town, I was bullied for not having a mother or a dad, and I never spoke to my brother about my troubles that I had at school. I did not want to burden him. However, he had to find out by a phone call by my teacher. I yelled at him, and told him thanks for making my life worse… Years passed things still did not get better. I only had made a few friends, I was in middle school about this time, and I was still being made fun, but this time for not having a boyfriend. I would cry all night, blaming my brother all this time, not caring what I said to him. 

Now going back on the memories, I was an awful person. I hurt too many people who were trying to help me. Alone, in the dark afraid of the pure, light that was always trying to get me, but somehow I would always find a way to dodge it. Some people did not give up on me, but my friend Samantha never quitted on me nor did my brother. I am glad that they did not give up on me, but I failed to realize that they were always by my side making sure I did not fall. I never really thank them for what they were and are still doing for me, but I think it is too late to tell my brother. Looking away from the window, I pull my iPhone out and I hit the home button seeing a bright screen with Samantha and me smiling like dorks, I chuckle a little and seeing how much she looks like me and it reminds me we are really like sisters. She also has brown hair but she has wild blue eye. I stop and look to the picture before the keypad shows up, I slowly tap the screen four times before hearing the unclick noise. I see three un-read messages and one new voice mail.  I did not bother to look at the voice mail, but I click the message icon seeing the text was from Eli.

 Anyway clicking his name, I read, “Hey Rachel it is me Eli, but I heard what happened to your bother, He is here right now, and he is breathing but still knocked out. He is going to surgery right now to get his lungs fixed… Nevertheless, I am sorry to hear that this happened. I know this is hard for you…. But just checking up on you, and if it helps, I am also sad, today was when my mother had passed away, so if you need someone to talk to, I am here.. Anyway I guess I will see you when you come to the hospital.” Reading the text repeatedly, I had completely forgotten that Eli’s mother had passed away from cancer; she died when Eli was the age of 10. I know he still suffers until this day. Not any people know that he is alone; he fakes a smile so he would not burden anyone with his problems, as if I do. I realized that he and I are somewhat alike. I look at the blinking line, depending on what to write back, I type back “thank you Eli for letting me know… I am with Jacob’s mother; I am in her car right now. I am on my way to the hospital. Moreover, I am fine, I did not get hurt, and my brother pushed me out the way just in time… In addition, sorry to hear about your mother Eli, it is hard to lose some one and never got too say a good bye to them; I feel like that is what is going to happen to me. At least I know he is going to in a better place hopefully, if he does wake up tell him I love him so much and I am sorry for all the years that I was mean, and thank you for saving my life…. Thank you again Eli” And the message sent.

Tears’ rolling down my checks, my bother has passed away. There was a funeral for my brother, my friends showed up and we did the spreading of the ashes. Time went on and so did everyday life. Things were lonely at the apartment that I stayed at now. I have a job and an aunt that helps pay rent with me but she lives out of town.

A year has passed; Eli and I had become friends. I hope that one day I can tell him I like him but right now, I will take things slow, get back my life, and show my brother that the moon does not always show but the sun can shine through the grey clouds. I look up in the pink sky mixed with orange and red with puffy clouds, knowing my brother is there looking over me and looking back down Eli right there walking behind me staring up at the same sky were all under, knowing his mother is there too.

               Un-Crumbling the paper where my bother wrote me a quote:

 “Time is the best medicine, the pain and past is the worst sickness, and we steal good memories and lie to make bad ones.  Always living in light and shadow, never knowing what the future is going to bring up, scared form the choices we make but this is fate” ~ Anonymous. 

Looking down at the paper, with tears forming in my eyes, I continue to keep this quote to with me to remind me the every nightfall has a sunset to follow.

 

© 2013 anna


Author's Note

anna
This was an short story for my English class, sorry for the short story, but please enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on February 16, 2013
Last Updated on April 8, 2013
Tags: short, story, sad, life

Author

anna
anna

TX



About
Hello there, I welcome you to my profile. Let me tell you about my self. I am Anna,born on July 21st and 16. Poetry and any other writing is one of my passions I love to do, i also do some photography.. more..

Writing
Caught Caught

A Story by anna


Good Bye Good Bye

A Poem by anna