The meaning of happiness

The meaning of happiness

A Story by Tolu
"

This is about having someone bring happiness to your life, but when they leave will you still be able to find it.

"
I was in an isolated island, with no sound not even the sound of the tree branches moving or birds chirping. I would stare out in the gray sky asking is this all there is and one day I got tired of speaking to the sky that never answered. So I got up to go to the ocean of tears and sorrow and I'm about to fall so deep that maybe I'll see a bright and wonderful world. I put my foot in then I am surprised by a young man dressed in all different colors. He takes my hand and all of a sudden the island had singing birds and beautiful clear blue skies, not only did he bring color to my world but to my heart. We would always dance and sing at the top of our lungs and stay up and watch the stars. I just knew because he had done this that it would be forever, that he was my happiness. But to every happy story comes an abrupt ending. I woke up to the sound of him leaving in a boat far away from me, no note or goodbye. Though this happened, my world remained bright but I didn't want it to be, I just wanted him back and his happiness that rubbed off on me. I sat on the tan itchy surface one day and I thought to myself is this all there is and soon realized that no it's not. Although, I was lost in the beginning, happiness came and it left but here I am still in a bright world and I l have yet to enjoy it. Yes, he never returned but I needed that last ache to help me realize that my happiness wasn't in him it was in me.

© 2017 Tolu


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on July 5, 2017
Last Updated on July 5, 2017
Tags: Story

Author

Tolu
Tolu

TX



About
Writing is way for me to get out of my head and see what I'm actually feeling inside. It's personal but worth sharing. more..

Writing
It's time It's time

A Poem by Tolu