Shh

Shh

A Poem by Victoria
"

Just a reminder to shh

"
Shhh,
Listen, speak not of anything.
Shhh,
Pay attention, to everything.
Why is it we dont stop to just listen?
You miss the views and the joy that comes from quiet.
Shhh,
Hear the sounds of water trickle,
Hear the sounds of wind blowing.
Shhh
 
See the birds swoop and glide
See people walk and run.
Shhh
Close your eyes,
Smell the air
hear the world
listen to nature.
just SHhh

© 2019 Victoria


Author's Note

Victoria
I am sure there are errors, this was something that came to me, Enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This has potential, I'll grant you that. As I read it, I found there was a strong and necessary message weaved between the lines, but the flow/musicality is a bit wonky. not sure about that too much. There's a je-ne-sais-quoi missing from it. Also, if you're going to repeat words and sentiments, it must be to maintain power and not undermine the power the previous iteration: you say "listen" in Lines 2 and 5, and though both iterations are good on their own, you could still tinker with them, because the overall musicality is what really needs to be tended to.

But this is a great start. I can really get behind the message.

Posted 4 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Victoria what can i say.. namaste. As someone who perfectly gets exactly what you mean with "its not even dawn yet". I have spent many an endless night for days in a roll with my mind and my heart agonizing over EVERYTHING. I have a very acute sense of empathy so even that which burdens another far removed from me can have me breaking down. You put into words much i have felt or feel. Kudos!

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Victoria

4 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I am glad I was able to convey the depth of feeling one can have for the ones aro.. read more
TaraNicole

4 Years Ago

Ditto..!!!
so many shout because they feel unheard... and they usually were/are unheard. But who is there to listen when no one is heard? This came across to me as "Take a pause and catch your breath..." and to listen BEFORE you start answering what you think was being said while the other is still trying to speak. Our perceptions are not always as accurate as we would hope.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Victoria

4 Years Ago

I am glad you were able to find a way to identify - this peace speak volumes to my life. Thank you f.. read more
Chris

4 Years Ago

It IS a new year ...for even "old" ears.
This has potential, I'll grant you that. As I read it, I found there was a strong and necessary message weaved between the lines, but the flow/musicality is a bit wonky. not sure about that too much. There's a je-ne-sais-quoi missing from it. Also, if you're going to repeat words and sentiments, it must be to maintain power and not undermine the power the previous iteration: you say "listen" in Lines 2 and 5, and though both iterations are good on their own, you could still tinker with them, because the overall musicality is what really needs to be tended to.

But this is a great start. I can really get behind the message.

Posted 4 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 23, 2019
Last Updated on December 23, 2019
Tags: nature, listen, imagine, daily, life, growing, coming of age

Author

Victoria
Victoria

Vancouver, WA



About
I love spending my time using my imagination. This among other life things give me inspiration on life and what I choose to write- I usually have dark tones and always appreciate feed back more..

Writing