In the Name of Science

In the Name of Science

A Story by silent_dreamer

Most people think I ran because of the flames. It would take anyone but an upward glance up to see the sea of raging fire billowing from the mountain. The temperature was rising quickly by my lonely campsite. The smoke was still bearable, but it was difficult to breathe. I had plenty of time to pack up my belongings before they were in danger of burning. I wanted to stay there longer to observe how it grew; I did start the fire after all. 
But instead, I ran. Not for the fear of getting hurt, I was long past caring whether I died. At that time, I would have been honored to die for the sake of science. I’ve given up on science and all probabilities of reasoning. It’s all useless. 
I didn’t go to warn people. Anyone who needed to know probably already knew from the sound of the initial explosion. Even if they didn’t, people are never my primary concern. They simply get in the way and always find a way to ruin my experiments. Maybe my work could ruin them for a change. I ran because of something I could have never seen coming. 
The overwhelming darkness at the root of the fire. If anything, that should be the brightest point. At first, I was confused and simply stared. It wasn’t scientifically possible. I based everything I stood for and comprended on the laws of science. But when I saw the mass of darkness shifting my way, I realized that what was happening was beyond the limits of science. And that wasn’t something I easily admitted. 
I sprinted from the mess I created. I didn’t turn my head back until I was sure I was a safe distance away. But like I said, this mess was above the grasp of science, and therefore I shouldn’t have been sure of anything. 
I was in the same spot, but this time, I wasn’t staring at an ocean of red. I was being faced with the root of darkness that encaptured the flames in his eyes. I was face to face with the master of darkness himself.
        I can’t take any credit for creating Hell, only for opening the gate to it.

© 2020 silent_dreamer


Author's Note

silent_dreamer
I found this thing I wrote and decided to post it. Looks just like the random stuff I’d write at 2am when I can’t sleep

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

18 Views
Added on May 30, 2020
Last Updated on May 30, 2020