Auggie...

Auggie...

A Story by silent_dreamer

“Auggie...,” she started to say.
“No, it’s fine, really, I’m fine Natalie,” he said, wishing that he believed those words as much as it sounded like he did.
“Let me help you! Please, it’s the least I could do.”
“The least you could do?” he huffed with casual yet satirical tone. “The least you could do is leave me and my family alone,” he yelled, “maybe for the first freaking time in your life.”
“I promise, I will fix this, er, I’ll make it better,” she gasped, begging for his forgiveness.
“Oh fix it? You think you can just put a bandaid on my sister’s stab wound, must I remind you, the stab wound you gave her?”
“Well, I mean, in my defense, she�"”
“Oh shut up, Natalie! I was right here, watching the whole thing go down. I watched her stab herself and scream as she fell to the floor! I know that you gave her that stupid serum. I’m not just going to forget that, your magic doesn’t work on me anymore! ”
She looked softly into his eyes. “Oh, August, baby... I’m here to help you.” She gently grazed her hand on his shoulder.
He shrieked, “Don’t touch me! You, you monster! You seduced her into believing she could be immortal and looked what happened. You keep trying to get me to fall in love with you, but reality check, it doesn’t work. It will never work.” He shook his head as he looked into her pleading eyes. “I can’t even believe I was even friends with you...” He began to storm off, but he glanced back to her and said in a defeated voice, “or was that just seduction too.” 
“No, you don’t mean that! I do love you,” she wailed.
With a knot forming in his throat and his eyes growing watery, he whispered, “Well, I can never love you, not after this.”
He walked away in silence.

© 2020 silent_dreamer


Author's Note

silent_dreamer
It’s a short scene of dramatic teenage dialogue but with blood and magic

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

16 Views
Added on June 11, 2020
Last Updated on December 7, 2020