Figuring out Fate

Figuring out Fate

A Chapter by [Rampant♍ Rapture]
"

Hehe...<3

"
I walked down the white cracked sidewalk that I have for the last 12 years. Taking the same path for my walk as always. The same beautiful trees with the pink blooms I loved so much in the spring. Same blooms that turn purple and brown in the fall. Same peaceful old houses on both sides of a cracked old pale black and yellow road. This time was different though. Everything thing seemed just a bit different.
 

Maybe the sidewalk got just a bit more chipped. Maybe the blooms were just a mere darker than normal. Or maybe, just maybe it was the fact that my life was turned upside down by the four most simple but terrifying words I heard little over three days ago. Those same words that haunt me this very moment. “Your family is dead.” Once I heard the news my heart felt like it stopped.


I could feel the breath escape my lungs as I stared at the person as for a split second my entire body stopped functioning. “What am I going to do?” I remember I heard myself say once I could talk. The same very sentence that keeps repeating over and over in my head like a broken record. I sigh as I fix my skirt and walk up to my door, putting my bedazzled key into the lock.
 

As soon I walk into my house and set my keys on the table I notice I have a message on my voice mail box. I hit play as I opened the fridge since I was so hungry yet I couldn't stomach anything that was in our house, the site of food revolted me. I was looking in dismay at the contents of the fridge when I heard a message said something that attracted my ears and almost made me slam my refrigerator door shut.
 

“Hey Hailey! I have some great news. I just found out you have a relative in Scotland! He’s your uncle and godfather, he told me when I called that if you needed a place to stay that you were always welcome to stay with him.”


 I let the chipper voice of Amy, the children services women’s voice drone out as I thought to myself how confushing this was. I can’t believe it. I have another relative? But isn’t that impossible? Mom and dad told me we had no family except my grandparents.

Why would they hide the fact that I have more family though? If they were hiding that, what else did they hide from me? It just doesn't make sense.

I let myself come back to reality as the end of the message said that she wanted me to call her back. After replaying it I took a nice luke warm shower and then groaned when I remembered that I would have to call her back. I always hated using phones. It was just so impersonal that it got to me. I rather see someone’s reaction to what I say then listen to it. 


When I finally got dressed in my favorite black and red pajamas with notebooks on them I dialed the 10 digit number Amy gave me if I ever wanted to call her. After 3 rings she finally answered her cell phone.

 
“Hello?” Amy’s happy chipper voice filled my ear as she said the word and I knew this was going to be a long conversation.


“Hey it’s Hailey; I just wanted to ask you a couple questions about this family member you said I have” I said kind of nervous even though I had practiced what I would say in the shower.


“Oh I’m so glad you answered! Don’t worry Hailey I’m sure everything will be fine, could I possibly come over later on today are noon? Or maybe tomorrow if that would be easier.” She responded happily which worsened my nervousness.


“I think tomorrow would be easier so I can have some time to think about all this.” I said with reluctance, I really hate with people come to my house.

“I’m so proud of you for being strong though all this! I'll give you another call before I come over tomorrow but you can expect me at noon!” She told me, way too chipper in my opinion
I looked around the kitchen for something I might be able to stomach and decided on a orange jello cup, I grabbed a spoon and headed up the living room steps to my bedroom.

"Maybe trying to relax and watching some tv might help calm my mind and help me digest something." I muttered to myself as I sat on my bed Indian style and got comfortable before turning on the tv to some random comedian doing  stand up.


“God this has been an exhausting day.” I whispered to myself as I fell back on my bed after finishing my jello cup. I set my empty jello cup on my bedside table and curl up in my soft weighted blanket, watching the comedian between half closed eyes before falling asleep, thinking that maybe taking a nap might help ease my anxiety.


© 2020 [Rampant♍ Rapture]


Author's Note

[Rampant&#9805; Rapture]
Hope you like?..if you do ill post the next chapter as well :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on April 11, 2011
Last Updated on August 3, 2020


Author

[Rampant&#9805; Rapture]
[Rampant♍ Rapture]

In my mind, Trying no to fall apart., Japan



About
Poor unfortunate soul, so sad, so true || Obsessions. || Star Wars. Harley Quinn. Work. Music. Internet. Animals. Sleep. Call Of Duty: Black Ops. Zombies. Kingdom Hearts Randomothershit... more..

Writing