Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Silver Michaelis
"

The mysterious initials, S.R.M.

"

    I hurry home and rush into the front door. Everything is as it was-homey and happy, smelling of food..but there's something new. It's dark and dreary as well. My grandmother's black cat MacBeth meows as I return, and I sigh and pick him up, sad it wasn't my grandmother greeting me instead. The cat's deep blue eyes study my expression before he mewls again to be put down.

    I put down the cat and took off my grey coat, hanging it on the edge of the chair. I'd always loved my grandmother's home. It had been built by her parents in the early 1900's, before she had been born in 1927. The house was styled very old fashioned with tiering staircases and a large balcony. The foyer was gigantic and tiled with designs I had never been able to make out.

    I walked upstairs to my room. It was a large room upstairs on the West wing, and was decorated in shades of grey and blue. I look at the bag of cookies the stranger had given me..it was awfully nice of him. I hoped I'd meet him again someday. Turning it over, I noticed a gift tag on the side if the bag. It read, Merry Christmas to: the girl in the grey coat. From: S.R.M.

    The cursive handwriting was neat and intricate, confounding me. I wondered how any human could possibly have such perfection in something such as handwriting, where you could express your personality in any way you like, using curly-q's, sloppy handwriting, or the neasest print you could possibly muster up. This man was obviously well-bred.

    I shrug him off. Why should I care? It was simply a gift, and I should appreciate it. I did appreciate it..I wished I could return the favor. However, I knew not his name nor his age nor where he lived. The grandfather clock chimed suddenly with the familiar song, then began to chime the hour. Eleven o'clock. I sighed and changed into my pajamas, then crawled under the black and blue sheets, glancing at the clock on the bedstand. The bag of cookies perched beside it on the edge of the mahoghany wood table. Closing my eyes, I descended into my dark world of sleep.



© 2011 Silver Michaelis


Author's Note

Silver Michaelis
Tell me if you're enjoying the book so far!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very good book, but I am sad that there isn't more. :(

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

342 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 26, 2011
Last Updated on June 26, 2011


Author

Silver Michaelis
Silver Michaelis

London, United Kingdom



About
Hey, I'm Silver. I don't do much writing, but when I do, I tend to go a little nuts :D I'm very literate and love Kuroshitsuji. If you ever want to start a roleplay with me the best ways to contact m.. more..

Writing