Two Souls

Two Souls

A Chapter by JaneDo.e
"

They'll never be able to find the words for how they feel but the love runs deeper than anyone else could ever know. Kallias knows the beautiful dame better than anyone.

"

Kallias’s lit up when he felt her presence, the emotion visible on his face. That was until agony set in as he fought his desire to be with her in that space. It was the only place he had ever called home. And to her it was so much more.



It was a small room with no windows or doors and not much furniture besides a bed and a few armchairs. In a sense it was an illusion, something made physical, but had no address, as if it were on another plane of existence. It couldn’t be seen or found by anyone else. He couldn’t walk to it, nor drive, nor transport any way else. He just felt a desire and he appeared there, just how the room itself was created. She assembled the tiny home through her will and magic.



It was different from her suite in the manor. It was calm and airy. She could breathe without every breath feeling like it’d be her last. The weight had been lifted and she was filled with comfort.



It was where she could shut out the world and enjoy the quiet. Inside there were no voices or emotions that weren’t hers. She heard and felt nothing that she didn’t want to. She had peace and all the time in the world as she could make everything outside stand still.



It was a place where until recently they allowed themselves to be together. Kal fought the urge until it died. Dread devoured his soul. His heart began to race until it slowed and stopped in beat with hers, and his body stood still.



But a moment later his began to beat again and he could no longer feel her presence. It didn’t grow farther away or fade off into the distance. Her soul was no longer on this earth or in that place.



It was something she did when all else failed. It was when she could no longer hear herself think and her sight got clouded. She felt so physically weak, her magic overflowing. She did exactly what her fragile body wanted. She ceased to exist, and the shrouded home became her temporary resting place. Her physical body was safe and secure while she walked among the dead.



Kallias went numb. There in the present moment he had to find the will to live. He had no magic to walk with her and this act was one of desperation after so long of suffering. He would not want her to strain herself more to bring him back nor could he leave her to bear the pain of his absence. Knowing of its temporariness he found patience and strength to live on. This will only came in desire and in his next heartbeat he lay next to her in their home.

 



© 2023 JaneDo.e


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on November 3, 2023
Last Updated on November 3, 2023
Tags: Magic, Love, Soulmates