A Cat in King's Clothing

A Cat in King's Clothing

A Story by Janice
"

Short story..meant to be a contest entry gone astray!

"

 

 

Boiling over with excitement, Oscar twitched with anticipation as he could see Big Ike relaxing so peacefully in the window sill above.

 

Being a house cat, Big Ike always found it so amusing to watch the leaves blowing by; even if he knew he could never chase them down like a true lion on the prowl.

 

 Oscar could actually see the intense darkening of Big Ike’s pupils set in through the reflection from the glass inside the window he was peering into.

 

Oscar couldn’t help himself when he observed a coffee cup that almost seemed to be calling out his name to be noticed, sitting on the corner of the kitchen table.

 

 Perhaps his owner might reprimand him for what he was about to do, but some things are just to enticing to pass up, he thought.

 

With no one home, Oscar knew unspoken words of scolding could not detour him from the evil deed he was about to embark on.

 

Oscar quickly became implicit as a loud and sudden crash filled the silent room startling Big Ike to jump so high from his from his perch, that he landed clumsily crashing on all fours to the ground below. 

 

Oh yes, Oscar thought,” I’m alas the King indeed, as I now hold the authority of a, bad a*s cat!”

 

In his defense to what Oscar had done, Big Ike pounced on to Oscar like a cougar on his prey, holding him down until he begged relentlessly to be set free.

 

The endless battle for King of the castle continues, as Big Ike headed back to his perch while grinning all the way, “Haven’t I told you before little kitty, to never bother the King while resting upon his throne?”

 

 

© 2009 Janice


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice story. It would make a great children's book. I had a feral cat that took it upon himself to help us raise our Siamese kitten with similar incidents playing out around our house.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 18, 2009