Two: Outbreak

Two: Outbreak

A Chapter by SinCera

Outbreak

Jessica hopped down the stairs and turned the corner, the last step creaking whenever it was touched. Jessica was convinced her parents did that so that she couldn't escape in secret. 
"Hey honey, I got home late, so it's just gonna be lasagna and green beans for dinner" her mom said, smiling as she took off her oven mitts. 
"That sounds great Mom! I love green beans and lasagna!" Jessica said extra cheery, with rainbow sprinkles. Her mom stopped dead and her head cocked to the side, one eye brow raised inquisitively and one hand on her hip. "Okay, what do you want? I used to be a girl, so I know what your doing. Don't try this with me because I was the master" her mom said, cooling off from fearing it was something worse. "Oh, nothing mummy, I jut love you guys!" Jessica said, realizing she sounded like a daughter from one of those 1950's shows where you couldn't say darn, and everything was absolutely perfect in every way. They passed the dishes and ate, having casual dinner conversation, the dogs eyes looking up a Jessica from underneath the table saying "Please, please, please, I'm a good dog, please, please, can't I have some?". 
"So honey, how was your day?" asked her mom.
"Oh, it was cool. Got a report for history that I really hate, it's on the Myans" she said sounding a bit deflated.
"Oh, well, your dad's a real history buff, I'm sure he could help you out with that couldn't you honey?" she said, nearly stabbing her husband to get a response out of him.
"Oh, yeah sure. Sure..." he said, trailing off. 
"Soo, mom, dad. I know I'm going over to Tracy's on Saturday, but theres a party that night, and a lot of my friends are going, and it's at Toms place. You've met him, right? He's a good kid." Jessica said in the most adult and responsible tone she could manage, warming up her facial muscles for the puppy dog face.
"No, no way." Her dad said authoritatively, interrupting his Tabatha.
"Well, I was going to say that if we could meet the parents supervising, and set some ground rules, she could go but" Tabatha said, trying to get her opinion out.
"Absolutely no. I've met that Tom kid, he's nothing but trouble." her father said, and Jessica knew that this was a situation that even the puppy face wouldn't help her in. Also, her parents were split up on the issue. This spelled bad news for them, but maybe just good news for her. Jessica had an idea. While her parents fought it out she pulled out the self  righteous anger.
"I can't believe you two! Your'e so insufferable! Could you have me in a shorter leash?!" Jessica screamed, indignant. Storming up to her room and slamming the door.
"Part one, complete" she said to herself, giving herself a pat on the back. She was going to that party, whether her parents liked it or not.
  .   .   .
Sam was dizzy, the weight of what he had just deduced was physical. His knees buckled and he collapsed onto the couch. He was awoken the next morning by his phone ringing, it was Jack. 
"Hello?" said Sam, groggily.
"Sam? It's Jack, about my message, I'm sure that you have a lot of ques" Jack started to explain, but was cut off.
"I know, there's some new outbreak in Africa, I've deduced that much, I'll explain later" he said quickly, sensing Jacks urgency, and  the fact that Jack was the one that should be talking right now, not him.
"I'm short on time, but listen closely, I've called your boss, and you're not going to work today. This is a matter of national security. I have paid tickets for you, the concierge will be expecting you at 4:00am, you have two hours to get there, pack lightly, most of what you have will be destroyed, I've emailed you exact directions and flight numbers. One more thing, no one, I mean no one, is permitted to know about this. Understand?" Jack said, shooting off sentences like a semi automatic.
"Yes, I do. I'm extremely worried for your well being right now Jack, and I trust you, so I'll come" said Sam, still reeling from all of this information. The other line went dead, leaving Sam more in the dark than before.


© 2010 SinCera


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on April 14, 2010
Last Updated on April 15, 2010


Author

SinCera
SinCera

Waterbury, VT



About
I encourage people to comment on my work and constructive criticism. I also enjoy long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick. I have written for years, and have been published on mult.. more..

Writing
One: Beginnings One: Beginnings

A Chapter by SinCera


The Virus The Virus

A Book by SinCera