Vacancy

Vacancy

A Poem by sinNsincerity

Everyday that follows

Gives birth to less hope.

Every morning I try on

A new soul

Because the one I dressed myself

Yesterday,

Or the moon before

Has grown old

And oh so tired

With my groans

As well as moans…

There are no need for clothes

Because my heart is

Bare,

Naked,

OPEN!

But every night the sign reads as closed

And there’s really no

Reason why my heart is this vacant...

© 2015 sinNsincerity


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

This poem is so beautiful and revealing. I can relate so much to the last two lines, "And there's really no reason why my heart is this vacant..." I ask myself why it is I feel the way I feel all the time, but never get an answer. Maybe we'll find it through writing.

Thanks for sharing!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

7 Years Ago

Very much so Eli, I truly understand how you feel. Quite a journey is has been so far...
Hello Sin in Sincerity,

Another good poem! I like how raw, how bare the emotions are. There is one line though that has a bit of awkward wording: Because the one I dressed myself. Did you mean Because the one that dressed myself? Or perhaps it's missing a comma? Because the one, I dressed myself. Anyway, other than that one line, it is beautifully written.

Thank you for sharing!

Kind regards,

Schatzi


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

7 Years Ago

Thank you for thinking so Schatzi, but I believe there is no need for punctuation there.
If y.. read more
Ha, good piece ....
Although the rhyme scheme is not uniform, this appears to be one of those poems which are better without rhymes..
Every poem is not meant to rhyme, it's all about the feelings and emotions put into it. And, yes , this is a beautiful piece showing how a heart is vacant even when there's a lot surrounding you, but it's really understandable... the feeling I mean... And for sure, it's vacant for the only one and will soon be filled when that special someone enters into life...
Good to read....
Anindita : )


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

7 Years Ago

I do that intentionally. Every poem I write is a different kind of special and has a life of it's ow.. read more
From someone who suffers from major depressive disorder and severe ptsd, I can honestly say that this is nithing less than a perfect and apt description. Well at least in my point of view. Its excellent and i thank you for it!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

7 Years Ago

Thank you Tara, and thank you for sharing that part of you life with me.
I highly appreciate .. read more
TaraNicole

7 Years Ago

As a fellow writer i understand that for sure. As a fellow human, well, if we cant find some who rel.. read more
As chef Dan Barber said, "Isn't our life one attempt to fill one void after another?"
Depression is when you give up on trying to fill the void such as when you find that your attempts are no longer effective. I don't know if this aligns with what you are trying to communicate through your poem, but it is what came to my mind as I read it.
Good writing enlivens the mind, in which case, mission accomplished.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

7 Years Ago

Especially when it comes to food if you love food like myself. I actually attended Le Cordon Bleu an.. read more
NeuroVersifier

7 Years Ago

Well said.
i love the imagery in this one! The line "every morning i try on a new soul" is such a great line! i really loved your turn of phase! As always i am a fan

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much Crystal, I have missed you dearly.
I will agree with others whom have reviewed this piece, there is some wonderful imagery and ideas in this poem. As I have read a few of your works (all that you requested to be read and more} I can say that you do possess an ability to create some wonderful concepts and word play experiences.
I would have to also repeat my thoughts from another review of your work, the haphazard application of the rhymes and the awkward use of punctuation is hurting the overall quality of your work and its presentation.
In your reply to my last review, you said you do this to "f**k" with the audience, to make the reader say "what the f**k just happened?". I am going to suggest your hypothesis as to how this affects the subjects of your writing and behavioral manipulation experiments will be proven incorrect, and the assumptions it is based on false.
I strongly believe you are doing your work and yourself a great disservice.


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

7 Years Ago

What makes it so haphazard for you?
In a sense, I leave ambiguity to run its course, so that .. read more
ranscan

7 Years Ago

The rhyme in this work occurs only on lines 10 and 11, there is no rhyming scheme to be seen, as suc.. read more
WoW!!!
so beautiful.......
powerful.......sad.......
"Every morning I try on

A new soul"

loved it!!!
:)


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

7 Years Ago

Thank you Pushkar, I hold those line close to me very dearly. I'm glad they stood out to you!
Yet another strong piece of artwork from you Sin...Stay beautiful

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

7 Years Ago

Stay beautiful as well.
Thank you so much, it is my pleasure!
I had to read this twice because it was just so good! I love the metaphors! Your wording was on point!!! So jealous of your ability to write such beautiful poems.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sinNsincerity

7 Years Ago

That's such a honor Quinn!
Don't be jelly, just don't stop writing and speak your heart!
read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1302 Views
45 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 26, 2015
Last Updated on April 27, 2015

Author

sinNsincerity
sinNsincerity

East Los Angeles, CA



About
more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chosen Chosen

A Poem by sinNsincerity