King Of Fire

King Of Fire

A Poem by R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
"

This poem is fictional but talks about some stuff that's quite real. I'm not religious and these are not my beliefs though.

"

King of fire



 

The king of fire seeks to claim your emptiness and all your pain.

 

The soul of cinder takes away your memories your very name.

 

Nothing to lose, nothing to gain, only embers, only flames.

 

The devil doesn't judge, but you will be, by prying eyes that all will see.

 

Follow guidelines cut in stone, burn forever on the devil's throne.

 

I don't believe in religion, with the thoughts I've been given. I don't believe in god, but there's something you should know.

 

They call me the king of fire, I'll burn you down to the wire, until you perspire, call me your master, I’m your sire. If you don't fear flaring into nothingness you are a liar. But there's something about the light of souls I admire. I always watch them return to where they came. To the fire.

 

People wonder what happens when they die, where they come from, how, and why.

 

I believe we come from fire, we are the ashes, and when we're dust once more, we return to the flame.

 

Through the heat of our blaze we bring life into the lives of others, sisters, mothers, friends, brothers.

 

Giving other people reason to live with our meaningless existence.

 

By ourselves, weak. A spark. But together, we can create a blaze that will never fade.

 

Fire spreads sometimes, making new flames. New lives.

 

Sometimes fire dies.

 

If you've run your race and now your done. Living fire you'll become.

 

Don't be afraid, fires come and go, they are put out all over the world, just like human lives.

 

Fires' warmth can keep someone alive in the dead of winter. Like a person another holds dear gives them happiness, enough to live.

 

Fire burns away everything, leaving behind ashes. We burn through every day we have left, until we're nothing but smokey memories.

 

 

 

I am the self proclaimed king of flames because I burn strong, but when I am gone, others will carry on with souls that shine far brighter than mine.

 

Flames with names. People. Who will leave an imprint on this world, like a burn mark. Creating charcoal markings for the next generation to read. The fire may go out, but sparks will always continue.

 

Mankind shines in the night like a bonfire. Heating up the restless bodies of youth.

 

So accept the fire

 

The blaze warms your very soul, if a fire is life, we are the coal.

© 2017 R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)


Author's Note

R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
This is a story, I don't think I'm the "king of fire". It's simply a poem I meant to entertain myself and you with. And a way to talk about things that I believe matter.

I very seldom reply to reviews, but I promise I read EVERY single one. I look forward to my next review, because it helps me learn. Even if it's just one word, I promise, I will be ecstatic to have the chance to hear what you have to say. Whenever you write something about my poems, or the themes of my poems, or criticize me it is not in vain. I will listen, learn and be thankful.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very deep and you have creatively written about the fire and the flames.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 27, 2017
Last Updated on May 23, 2017
Tags: king, of, fire

Author

R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

Burlington, Halton, Canada



About
Most of my poems can be differing lengths depending on the time you want to spend reading them. You can avoid reading anything brackets, or read it all. If you want an in-between, you can read only th.. more..

Writing