Battlefield

Battlefield

A Poem by R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
"

I'll be using this smaller poem as a piece or chorus of an epic soon. Look out for that!

"

Battlefield


Ebbing or changing, strangled on hair strings


Daylight is cut down by sword


Dreaming but ageing, heaven or hades


Walking the path through the snow


Mending but shaking, rending awakened


Nightshade I fade to the cold


Biting and aching, stalking and chasing


Giving a dream through my soul


Growing and ending, bearing resemblance


Sending this war left unknown


Sleeping is endless, stuck in a cemetery


Make my way home down the road



© 2019 R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)


Author's Note

R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
I very seldom reply to reviews, but I promise I read EVERY single one. I look forward to my next review, because it helps me learn. Even if it's just one word, I promise, I will be ecstatic to have the chance to hear what you have to say. Whenever you write something about my poems, or the themes of my poems, or criticize me it is not in vain. I will listen, learn and be thankful.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
I like the repeated use of -ing , it gives a good flow. Writing compact poems are difficult for both reading and writing because the writer has to relate words more strongly and cleverly and the reader has to read in between lines where each word consists of dual meaning.
For what you're saying weird about "Aging and Ageing, Aging is American english and Ageing is British english however both the words can be used for the same meaning like Airplane and Aeroplane mean same.
For the poem, this one has it's own personality, a unique personal quality. There are indirect lines but that's what a poem is known for. So overall it's a very good poem since I haven't read anything like this before written by you. Well done!

Good Luck J!

Posted 4 Years Ago


R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

4 Years Ago

Thank you, I really enjoyed writing this poem. I'm glad that you can feel the personality of it.
This work may be describing a literal war, but somehow I think the conflict is actually an inner one. It could be some kind of religious crisis; the accompanying illustration appears to contain both demonic and Christian imagery. We have no doubt, however, that the speaker is engaged in some type of struggle.

PS: do a spell check on line 3, word 3.

Posted 4 Years Ago


R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

4 Years Ago

I won’t say exactly what kind of struggle, but that’s up to the readers to decide. You’re righ.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 25, 2019
Last Updated on October 16, 2019
Tags: battlefield

Author

R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

Burlington, Halton, Canada



About
Most of my poems can be differing lengths depending on the time you want to spend reading them. You can avoid reading anything brackets, or read it all. If you want an in-between, you can read only th.. more..

Writing