Memories

Memories

A Chapter by Sins

Axel Edgewood:

Feeling a dampness on his shirt, Axel assumed that she had let her tears go. He didn't think anything bad of her. This situation was messed up, and she had every reason to cry. "It’s no problem at all," he said to her gently. Then the whole scene had happened with Luce and Nathan diving through the gates. Their laughter echoed across the small courtyard. Axel looked to the girl beside him, who jumped and clapped her hands joyously. Gazing back at the two, who were now getting to their feet, he kept out a smile. They did make it. Really, it had been amazing. He had been sure the two would be locked out. His chocolate eyes were still wide from what he had just witnessed, and Axel returned his gaze to the girl beside him. "It was unbelievable!" The boy grinned, shaking his head in disbelief. "Oh, this is really random, but I realized I never introduced myself. I'm Axel. Axel Edgewood." He said with a warm smile.


Nathaniel Erit Jackson

As his head throbbed he just continued to massage his temples. He knew it would all pass in a minute or so, it happened to everyone here in Purgatory when they received their memories. The sounds going on around him slowly faded to the drumming of his head. A mental image of looking down at a hand holding a handgun came into his mind, and suddenly there was screaming, people running around scared, and then a gunshot. The memory faded then, but the sounds of screaming echoed around in his head, and it wasn't just from the demons behind him. The boy slowly opened his eyes and found himself staring at Lucina as he thought. It was me with the gun, wasn't it? I shot something...or someone?

He shook his head at his thoughts, the pain in his brain now just a dull throb that he knew would last for a few hours. Slowly, a smile crept back up on his face as he shook the memory away. He didn't need it. He'd rather have gotten some memories of his family than whatever he'd just seen.

"You know I always have your back," he told Lucina. His response was late, yeah, but he hoped it diverted her from asking what memory he'd gotten. "Oh, and I think I'll just stick to no weapons from now on," he added with a somewhat forced laugh. "Maybe I'll borrow a whip whenever I need one, but I don't need anything to be permanent."


Kailyn Jayn Shalle

"Oh, yeah!" The girl exclaimed when Axel introduced himself. "My name's Kailyn Shalle, if I remember correctly." She said that as a kind of joke, seeing as how that was one of the only things she could remember. She smiled back at him, then turned back to look at Lucina and Nathaniel who she still didn't know the names of. Seeing the boy holding his head in pain, whereas he'd previously been basically jumping for joy, made the girl frown.

"Did he get hurt after all?" Kailyn asked aloud, looking back at Axel for some sort of answer. Upon looking past him, her stomach grumbled in hunger at a marvelous sight. "Is that food?!" She asked, momentarily forgetting about Axel as she stared ahead. She might as well have been drooling for how hungry she now looked.


Lucina "Luce" Walsh

Luce was patient as Nathan received his memory. The time limit on them were random, so no one could ever tell how long one would last. The quickest one was about 10 seconds, and the longest one had taken up to three hours, if she recalled correctly. In a way, she was a little jealous he had gotten one, but she was also happy for him.  Nathaniel had been here in Purgatory longer than most. Two and a half years longer than her, actually. As a smile started creeping onto his face, Luce knew that the memory was over. It had only lasted a few minutes, which was a pretty average time limit for one. Any memory that lasted over 30 minutes was pretty rare.


Lucina gave a smile at what he said and tilted her head slightly as she studied him with her blue eyes. "Very true.  I wouldn't want anyone else watching my back either." She said brightly, and it was true. She had found that trusting people was something she was not skilled in. It was a natural instinct of hers to distrust others, but it was Nathan she had trusted first when coming here, and honestly was still probably the only one she still trusted now.  


As he went on about how he didn't think he wanted a permanent weapon, she gave an exaggerated sigh. "I don't understand that. I love my twin pistols like they were my babies, and this sword is starting to grow on me. Plus, they give me a feeling of security. I don't know how you can walk around without a weapon at your waist or on your back. It raises some alarm. Maybe I was some crazy lady when I was alive who had this insane fetish for weapons," she said, giving a small laugh, though it was a real worry. The girl just didn't make it seem like that by putting her worries into a laughing matter. Luce didn't ask about his memory, and had no intention to unless he approached her about it. Some people kept their past life a secret from others, or weren't comfortable sharing. She understood that, since she was one of these insecure people.  


Axel Edgewood

As Kailyn introduced herself, Axel gave her a friendly smile, pushing his hands into his pant's pockets.  "Well, it is nice to meet you, Kailyn Shalle." He said in a teasingly formal tone, giving a slight bow and chuckling softly at the last part of her statement. Remembering anything but their name and age would be wonderful. However, no matter how much Axel wanted his past life to return, his brain refused to comply and remained blank. Following her gaze, he looked to Lucina and Nathaniel, seeing Nathan holding his head in pain. Frowning, the boy wondered if he had been hurt in the tumble he took after diving in.


"Did he get hurt after all?" Axel heard Kailyn asked, pulling him from his thoughts. He turned his chocolate brown eyes to her, then looked back to Nathan, who now chatted with Luce as if nothing had happened. "I have no idea.  Now he seems fine like before...odd," he said, murmuring the last word to himself. Being lost in his thoughts, he hadn't heard Kailyn's exclamation, but rather the small gurgling sound of her stomach. As if it was a chain reaction, his grumbled in response and he gave a laugh, looking over to see three kids holding woven baskets filled with fruits, breads and cheeses. "I think your stomach's rumbling is contagious. Anyways, want to go get some of that food?" He asked with a small laugh, looking over at her.


Nathaniel Erit Jackson

Still smiling with a bit of pride from her previous statement, the boy shook his head at the ground when she said she loved her pistols like babies. No, something about brandishing a weapon of any sort had always made him nervous, and now with this new memory... Lucina's comment about being a crazy lady with an insane weapon fetish made him laugh again and forget his thoughts. She was an excellent fighter, really, and he couldn't imagine her going anywhere without some sort of weapon. Plus, it reassured him that if he ever ran into her she'd always have a way to fight back against anything that could attack them. The fact that she'd been stumped by two lowly demons tonight would be surprising if she'd had her twin pistols with her.

Why hadn't she brought them in the first place? he wondered before shaking it off. It didn't matter, they were no longer in harm's way. "You know me," he responded lightly with a laugh. "Remember when you let me use one of your pistols before and I almost shot my toes off?!" Yeah, no. He'd never felt confident with weapons of any kind, which was why his experience with that whip just now had been different. The demons must've gotten fed up with screaming at the closed gates, because Nathan noticed that their cries had lessened. The sudden quiet made him wonder if anyone else had gotten stuck behind the gates, or if any more newbies had come, and rather than finding someone to help them out they had been demonized. Either way, it seemed that the demon's focus on the gates was limited.


Kailyn Jayn Shalle

Her green eyes had pulled from the food back to Axel when his own stomach grumbled, causing her to laugh. She enthusiastically nodded her head when he asked if she'd like to get some food. "Well, of course!" she said with an excited grin. She wasn't sure if she'd ever felt this excited before, but it wasn't likely, at least not about food. She raised her hand and waved at the three kids holding the fruits, cheeses, and bread, trying to catch their attention. They failed to notice her, but Kailyn refused to give up. Frowning, the girl walked past Axel to the food and kids. She just wanted to ask them if she could have some food, and if not, where she could find some. She just really wanted some food.




© 2016 Sins


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016


Author

Sins
Sins

Page, AZ



About
This is all about me, because I'm conceited like that. Don't change unless you are the one who decides to of your own accord. Just be you. Write through the fire of your emotions. Write true to your h.. more..

Writing
Overture Overture

A Chapter by Sins


Noel Dryke Pierce Noel Dryke Pierce

A Chapter by Sins