Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by UnsolvedMystery

The sound of speeding footsteps echoed against the walls of the dark, sheltered alleyway. The sound of water splashing as battered shoes slammed against puddles. Gasps of breaths turned into a frustrated sigh as the footsteps skidded to a halt. Trapped, the alleyway was blocked off by a brick wall. Angry fists hit the wall. The sound off footsteps filled the silence again, nearing quickly, numerous pairs. The other set restarted, clambering up the fire escape, and the sound of metal being hit repeatedly echoed. Curses and shouts added to the ensemble of noise, as the footsteps quickened.

“GET HIM!”

The first pair rushed. His heart was racing. He knew they’d be merciless " they were notorious for it. Reaching the fifth floor of the building he was scaling, he came across an open window. He winced, hoping he would enter unnoticed and leapt through it. He entered a bedroom; and occupied bedroom. Occupied by a person he’d never thought he’d see again. He heard the footsteps run pass the room and he let out a breath he wasn’t aware he’d been holding. He didn’t take his eyes off the person in front of him, though " too shocked to move a muscle.

That was, until the house phone started to ring.

Then he bolted out of the window as fast as he entered the room through it. He paused for a moment, breathing heavily, trying to calm his heartbeat. He listened carefully, and once he was happy the men weren’t near he descended the fire escape, and ran his way home.



© 2013 UnsolvedMystery


Author's Note

UnsolvedMystery
I know it's short, but I'm new here and I just wanted to test the water, so to speak.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's very busy but intriguing nonetheless. A couple of wee typos (off/of and/an) thanks for posting. Hope you will carry on with it

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Added on July 3, 2013
Last Updated on July 3, 2013


Author

UnsolvedMystery
UnsolvedMystery

United Kingdom



About
I'm new here :) I've always had a passion for writing, so now I've decided to actually do something about it. If you could review my work I'd be forever grateful, and I would accept any constructive .. more..

Writing