October 12 2015

October 12 2015

A Story by Orange Juice
"

Short story, based on a true story.

"
October 12th 2015, I sat next to a close friend of a girl I'm dating. She kindly greeted me, so I returned the gesture. We were not strangers, in fact we were some-what well acquainted, after a while of conversing about nothing, she randomly pointed out that I'm a 'bad boyfriend'.

You know how it goes, girls talk right? I realised right then... I had been discussed. We spent more time analysing my character and trying to figure out, what could've caused such "dickery". Moments later she figured it out, it wasn't profound at all, I've loved before and I'm just not ready to willingly experience such a beautifully-ugly ordeal.

What shocked me had nothing to do with most of this. In the midst of me talking non-stop, excusing my behaviour, I stumbled upon an idea or rather a truth. It wasn't that the girl I was dating wasn't special, because she was.

I realised: it just takes a particular type of special to feel that void and maybe make one love again. October 12th 2015, almost two years after the worst break up of my life, I realised, not found but realised hope...

© 2015 Orange Juice


Author's Note

Orange Juice
Constructive criticism is ver ver welcome. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really love the way you worded everything.. It brought out so much more then just the simple topic that was being discussed... but i must say that your line "You know how it goes, girls talk right? I realised right then... I had been discussed." did make me giggle!! haha also when realizing that "Orange Juice" was male lol
I definitely agree with the bottom comment... Im truly excited to read anything you expand from this short story.. very well written!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Actually, pretty neat to read. Hope dies last. I'd like to see you expand upon this. You have a powerful premises for a poem here.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Orange Juice

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much for your words !! :)
Fill rather than feel... :(


Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 12, 2015
Last Updated on October 12, 2015
Tags: moving on